Moody Theater, Austin, Texas - In a shocker, boxing newcomer Greg Hardy (2-0, 1 KO) dropped, rocked and decisioned the far more experienced Hasim Rahman Jr. (12-2, 6 KOs)

All three judges scored it 39-36.

Hardy accepted the fight on late notice after Rahman's original opponent, MMA legend Vitor Belfort, tested positive for COVID-19. Hardy previously played for the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and also won seven bouts in UFC. 

Hardy won his pro debut with second round knockout on October 8.

Rahman Jr. - the son of former heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman - was scheduled to face Jake Paul back in August. The fight fell apart when Rahman's handlers indicated that he was unable to make the contract catch-weight of 205-pounds.

The bout with Hardy was Rahman's first bout since suffered a stoppage loss at the hands of McKenzie Morrison back in April.

The bout began with Rahman landing quick punches in the first round. Rahman was moving and punching. Hardy, who was far slower, was rocked by a left hand - but stayed on his feet and kept coming. Hardy rallied with a variety of punches when he pressed Rahman against the ropes. Very few of those punches landed as Rahman blocked them off with his guard. At the end of the round, Rahman landed several hard shots to the head.

In the second, Rahman in big trouble when he was rocked by several big shots and appeared close to finishing Rahman off. Rahman managed to survive the onslaught. Hardy was pretty gassed from throwing a lot of punches. During an exchange, Hardy would land a big bomb that dropped Rahman down. Rahman beat the count and got back to his feet. In the closing seconds, Rahman landed a solid counter and again rocked Hardy.

During the third, Hardy again rocked Rahman with an uppercut that nearly sent him down for a second time. The referee blew a knockdown call as Rahman went flying backwards and was held up by the ropes. Hardy was stalking as Rahman was looking to get his legs back. Rahman was jabbing and moving while Hardy was trying to land another big punch. 

In the fourth and final round, both had moments at the start. A counter caught Rahman right on the nose and generated blood. Hardy was using a jab to work his way in and Rahman , who seemed to be tired and hurt, was using his legs to circle the ring and steer away from trouble, while throwing almost no punches.