Anthony Yigit endured a tougher fight to tend to his many wounds than he did in his actual in-ring defeat.

The former title challenger from Sweden was understandably livid over the gross disregard for his safety after his twelve-round, unanimous defeat to Ukraine’s Denys Berinchyk. The lightweight bout took place on the Oleksandr Usyk-Daniel Dubois undercard Saturday at Stadion Wroclaw (Poland), where Yigit (27-4-1, 10KOs) suffered a cut over his left eyebrow and severe swelling around both eyes.

Medical attention was clearly in need but the onsite event handlers offered resistance in lieu of assistance.

“Need to get my eyebrow stitched but apparently they didn’t have the tools for it in the arena,” Yigit posted on X (formerly Twitter) after his defeat. “Also they couldn’t take me to the hospital (because) my injuries aren’t life threatening. Been 4 hours with an open cut on my eyebrow.”

The gross mishandling of the situation was due to an ambulance not being made available. Yigit eventually made his way to a nearby hospital but was left on his own after, at which point he provided another update.

“I told them I need this stitched. They told me they couldn’t do it because they don’t have the equipment and that I have to go to the hospital,” explained Yigit. “I said ‘OK, let’s go.’ They said they couldn’t take me to the hospital. I asked why and they said the ambulance was only for life threatening injuries. They told me I need to get to the hospital by myself. So basically, I just fought my fucking heart out and they were like, ‘OK, Anthony, thank you so much. Get the fuck out of here because we don’t care anymore.’

“After a lot of fighting, finally they decided to get me to the hospital and they just dumped me there. Luckily they could stitch me up. Now I’m outside the hospital, no ride just waiting here. K2 Promotions, you guys are supposed to make sure fighters are safe. I’m just lucky I didn’t get a cut like Badou Jack. What’s going to happen then?”

K2 Promotions did not respond to inquiries seeking comment.

Sweden’s Yigit is no stranger to in-fight injuries. His left eye was completely swollen shut by the time a stoppage was called after seven rounds in his October 2018 vacant IBF junior welterweight title fight defeat to Ivan Baranchyk. He also suffered stoppage defeats to Rolando Romero and Keyshawn Davis, but received immediate medical attention on all occasions and has been the case for his 31 pro bouts prior to Saturday in Poland.

The 31-year-old southpaw eventually had his wounds tended to and was able to make it back to his hotel.

“I wanna take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone for all the support,” Yigit later detailed. “I'm stitched up and well. I'm glad y'all enjoyed my fight. When Dig It is on the card, it's gonna steal the show.”

Yigit is already due to return to the ring on October 7 in Naestved, Denmark. Should his placement hold up on the card, it will mark his fourth fight on the year.

Jake Donovan is a senior writer for Twitter: @JakeNDaBox