Dillian Whyte still has Tyson Fury in his crosshairs.

The Jamaican-born British heavyweight contender is gearing up for a 12-round bout with untested Jermaine Franklin of Michigan on Nov. 26 at Wembley Arena in London.

It will mark the first time Whyte has entered the ring since his disastrous sixth-round knockout defeat at the hands of WBC titlist Tyson Fury in April at Wembley Stadium.

In a recent interview published on the Matchroom Boxing YouTube page, Whyte insisted that his big-picture plan is to eventually get back into title contention and avenge himself against Manchester’s Fury.

“You know, I want to get back into title contention and obviously get a rematch with Fury at some point,” Whyte said.

In the immediate aftermath to his fight with Fury, who claimed his win with a well-timed uppercut, Whyte took issue with the way the fight was refereed at the end. Whyte pointed to how Fury “pushed” him after landing the uppercut, and that it was the push that dropped him to the canvas, which in turn caused his head to ricochet from the mat. But slow-motion replays seemed to contradict Whyte’s contention. Whyte also had issue with what he felt was the referee’s quick stoppage.

In the interview, Whyte reiterated his previous complaints and also revealed that he sustained a ligament injury to his foot after the knockdown to Fury.  

“I got hit with a good shot,” Whyte said. “It’s boxing, you get hurt. I’ve been down in fights before and gotten back up. He hit me with a good shot, pushed me over, and when he pushed me over I ended up f---ing twisting two ligaments in my foot, which obviously I had to take some time off. That’s why I haven’t fought since.

“So you know obviously the Boxing Board (BBBofC) didn’t follow their rules because when you go down after the bell, they’re allowed to stop the fight, they’re allowed to send you to the corner and send a doctor to intervene, if you beat the ten count. They didn’t do that. They just stopped the fight, which was a massive breach [of protocol]. It is what it is. It’s boxing. These things happen. I choose to move on.”

In recent weeks, Whyte’s name has been floated as a potential opponent for former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua. The two fought once before — in 2015, Joshua brutally knocked out Whyte in the seventh round — but Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn appear to be keen on making the rematch. Joshua is coming off two consecutive losses to WBO, WBA, IBO and IBF heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk.