Cristofer Rosales and Felix Alvarado now have a date, location and assigned fight purses for their ordered title eliminator.

Whether or not both boxers participate remains to be seen. has learned that MP Promotions and M&R Boxing have gained control of the Rosales-

Alvarado IBF flyweight title eliminator. The two companies, representing Alvarado, submitted $2,500 as the lone participant during a purse bid hearing held Thursday via Zoom from IBF headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey.

The $2,500 bid was accompanied by a ten-percent deposit, per IBF rules which also call for an additional ten-percent to be submitted to the sanctioning body within five business days of the hearing. The target date for the final eliminator is June 10 in Miami, Florida where M&R Boxing is based and presents the bulk of its U.S. shows.

Per IBF rules, Rosales is due 60 percent as the higher-ranked contender which will leave the former WBC flyweight titlist with a crisp $1,500 payday. Alvarado—a former IBF junior flyweight titlist now competing at flyweight—will receive the remaining 40 percent ($1,000) as the lower-ranked contender.

Rosales was represented in negotiations by Matchroom Boxing, who did not participate in Thursday’s purse bid hearing.

Should the fight proceed, the winner will become the mandatory challenger to unbeaten IBF flyweight king Sunny Edwards (19-0, 4KOs) who is meanwhile permitted to enter a voluntary title defense.

Rosales punched himself back into contention following a ten-round upset win over previously unbeaten Joselito Velazquez last December 3 in Glendale, Arizona. The win took place on the undercard of Gonzalez’s loss to lineal/WBC junior bantamweight champion Juan Francisco Estrada in their anticipated rubber match.

It marked the third straight victory for Rosales. It was also the sixth victory in seven starts for the 28-year-old Managua native since a ninth-round knockout defeat to Julio Cesar Martinez in their December 2019 vacant WBC flyweight title fight in Phoenix, Arizona.

Rosales held the WBC flyweight title for less than a year, scoring a stunning ninth-round knockout of unbeaten Daigo Higa in April 2015. Just one successful defense followed before dropping a twelve-round decision to Charlie Edwards­—Sunny’s older brother—in December 2018.

Alvarado (38-3, 33KOs) was valiant in defeat in a twelve-round, unanimous decision to Sunny Edwards in their IBF flyweight title fight last November 11 in Sheffield, England. The 33-year-old from Managua snapped a 20-fight win streak dating back to 2015 with the loss in a bid to become a two-division titlist.

The shot at Edwards came after establishing himself as the mandatory challenger, a ranking he was granted in exchange for relinquishing his IBF junior flyweight title. Alvarado won the belt with a seventh-round knockout of Randy Petalcorin in their October 2018 vacant title fight. Two defenses followed along with a downgraded non-title fight before vacating the belt last March.

Per IBF Rule 9(D), neither boxer can enter talks for any other fight once a sanctioned bout Is ordered. Should either boxer abandon talks, he will be dropped below the top ten of the IBF rankings per rule 9(C).

Jake Donovan is a senior writer for Twitter: @JakeNDaBox