The official time of super-middleweight contender Christian Mbilli’s one-round demolition of Mark Heffron in Quebec was just 40 seconds. Here are 10 that were even quicker than that.

  1. Mike Tyson-Marvis Frazier (30 seconds)

In 1986, Marvis Frazier – son of “Smokin” Joe – was a decent fringe contender until 20-year-old Mike Tyson tore through him in 30 violent seconds.

  1. Bernard Hopkins-Steve Frank (24 seconds)

For one night only, IBF middleweight boss Bernard Hopkins redesigned himself as a breakneck destroyer, flattening Steve Frank with a three-punch combo.

  1. David Tua-John Ruiz (22 seconds)

Before we knew how awkward, durable and effective John Ruiz would become, David Tua reminded us of Mike Tyson by flattening the “Quiet Man” in 22 seconds.

  1. Chris Eubank-Reginaldo Dos Santos (20 seconds)

Two months before he memorably defeated Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank sent Reginaldo Dos Santos to the floor as if taken out by a sniper.

  1. Gerald McClellan-Jay Bell (20 seconds)

There was a time when opponents of Gerald McClellan were congratulated for making it out of the first round. Jay Bell wasn’t one of them.

  1. Nigel Benn-Ian Chantler (16 seconds)

Free-swinging slugger Nigel Benn was 10-0 with seven first round KOs when he encountered Ian Chantler. Sixteen seconds later, he made it eight in 11.

  1. Al Couture-Ralph Walton (14 seconds)

Reportedly distracted by his corner reminding him of his forgotten gumshield, Ralph Walton was taken out by a shot to the body by Al Couture.

  1. Jimmy Thunder-Crawford Grimsley (13 seconds)

In November 1996 Crawford Grimsley lasted 12 rounds with George Foreman. Five months later, he barely survived 13 seconds with Jimmy Thunder.

  1. Zolani Tete-Siboniso Gonya (11 seconds)

Widely regarded as the quickest finish in a world title fight in the modern era, Zolani Tete needed one right hand – the first he threw – to send Siboniso Gonya to sleep.

  1. Jeremy Williams-Arthur Weathers (10 seconds)

Joe Goossen wished his charge, Jeremy Williams, well and stepped out of the ring, walked down the steps and turned around just in time to see Arthur Weathers falling to the canvas from a right uppercut. With his eyes rolling into the back of his head, Weathers was immediately rescued by referee Marty Denkin.