IBF super middleweight champion Jose Uzcategui, the power-punching boogeyman of the 168-pounders, will face Ezequiel Maderna in the 10-round, non-title main event on Friday, Sept. 28 at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. (photos by Mikey Williams).
And, in the co-feature, Jerwin Ancajas, the world’s longest-reigning 115-pound world champion, is ready to add another defense to his résumé. The southpaw Filipino sensation will make the sixth defense of his IBF junior bantamweight world title against the hard-charging Alejandro Santiago.
Ancajas-Santiago and Uzcátegui-Maderna will stream live in the United States beginning at 10:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+ — the new multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer & International segment in conjunction with ESPN.
The undercard will stream on ESPN+ beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET and includes a matchup of former 122-pound world champions: Jessie Magdaleno will take on Rico Ramos in a 10-round featherweight bout. Also appearing on the ESPN+ broadcast will be 118-pound contender Joshua Greer Jr. (17-1-1, 9 KOs) making his Top Rank debut in a 10-rounder against Giovanni Delgado (16-7, 9 KOs); the return of Filipino featherweight contender Genesis Servania (31-1, 14 KOs); and 18-year-old featherweight sensation Christopher Zavala (1-0) in a four-rounder.
Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions and Zanfer Promotions, tickets for this all-action card go on sale Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 10 a.m. PST. Priced at $105, $78.75, $52.50, and $26.25, including facility fees, tickets can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or at the Oracle Arena box office. The Oracle Arena box office is open Monday-Friday from 12-5 p.m.
• Jose Uzcategui 172.6 lbs vs. Ezequiel Maderna 172 lbs
(Light Heavyweight - 10 Rounds)
• Jerwin Ancajas 114.2 lbs vs. Alejandro Santiago 114.6 lbs
(Ancajas' IBF Junior Bantamweight title - 12 Rounds)
• Rico Ramos 127.4 lbs vs. Daniel Olea 123.2 lbs
(Featherweight - 8 Rounds)
• Genesis Servania 123.6 lbs vs. Carlos Carlson 123.2 lbs
(Featherweight - 10/8Rounds)
• Joshua Greer Jr. 119.6 lbs vs. Giovanni Delgado 122 lbs
(Super Bantamweight - 10/8 Rounds)
• Askhat Ualikhanov 141.8 lbs vs. Angel Hernandez 146.6 lbs
(Welterweight - 8/6 Rounds)
• Janibek Alimkhanuly 163.6 lbs vs. Carlos Galvan 162.6 lbs
(Super Middleweight - 8/6 Rounds)
• Christopher Zavala 126.4 lbs vs. Dominic Blanco 129.4 lbs
(Super Featherweight - 4 Rounds)
• Derry Noble 117 lbs vs. Edson Noria 116.8 lbs
(Bantamweight - 4 Rounds)
• Justin Cardona 136 lbs vs. Arturo Izaguirre 138 lbs
(Super Lightweight - 4 Rounds)
• Rene Moreno 131 lbs vs. Bacilio Monterroso 128.6 lbs
(Lightweight - 4 Rounds)