Three division world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko admits he was surprised by Teofimo Lopez being shocked by George Kambosos last Saturday night at Hulu Theater in Las Vegas.
Last year, Lomachenko's top status at 135-pounds was derailed when he lost a twelve round decision to Lopez - who in his first defense was unseated by huge underdog Kambosos.
Kambosos now holds the WBA, WBC Franchise, IBF, IBO lightweight titles.
Lomachenko has already bounced back from the Lopez loss, when he made his return to the ring in June with a vicious stoppage of Masayoshi Nakatani.
He will continue to build his path to another world title shot when he faces former champion Richard Commey.
And the two-time Olympic gold medal winner is certainly eager for a world title shot at Kambosos in 2022.
"Of course, for belts. It's my goal in boxing now. Undisputed world champion, this is my motivation," Lomachenko told Sky Sports.
"We'll see [if a fight with Kambosos will happen]. Of course, I want this fight, but first of all I have a fight on December 11, and my focus is on this fight. After this fight, I can talk about my future."
Lomachenko gave Kambosos a shot to pull off the upset, but ultimately he felt Lopez would come away with the victory.
"Before the fight, I gave some chance for Kambosos, but of course I thought Lopez would win this fight," said Lomachenko. "But it is what it is. This is boxing life."
Prior to last year's defeat, Lomachenko was regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.
The twice-beaten boxer said the public will decide if he still deserves such high recognition.
"I don't want to talk about myself," said Lomachenko. "It's a question for fans, it's a question for people who understand boxing. But if you're talking about my skill, I always try to show my best style, my best skill."