Jarrell Miller got the stoppage he sought Saturday night in his first significant fight in more than four years.

The huge heavyweight contender eventually overwhelmed Australian veteran Lucas Browne in the sixth round, when he dropped and stopped him at The Agenda in Dubai. Browne got up from the knockdown, but Miller swarmed him and unloaded a barrage of power punches that made the referee step between them and halt the action at 2:33 of the sixth round.

Brooklyn’s Miller improved to 26-0-1 and recorded his 22nd knockout. Australia’s Browne (31-4, 27 KOs) lost by knockout for the fourth time in 35 professional fights.

“Sometimes you can’t knock everybody out right away,” Miller told announcer Tyron Woodley in the ring. “You know, I had off 3½ years and Lucas was the first game opponent that came in here [and] that I knew can crack. He’s stunned guys and was on a winning streak, so I knew if I couldn’t get him out in the first round, I had to take my time. And just, you know, sometimes you been out the ring, the nervous energy’s there, the legs are not with you right away. But I felt comfortable. I just knew that I had to get my wind right and just start focusing and not getting hit with shots. But like I said before, four [years] off, I’m fighting an ex-champion, he’s game. Nothing but love and respect for Lucas.”

The 6-foot-4, 333-pound Miller’s technical knockout of Browne was his most noteworthy win since November 2018, when he knocked out Romania’s Bogdan Dinu (then 18-0) in the fourth round at Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, Kansas.

Perth’s Browne is 43, but he stopped heavily favored Junior Fa (20-2, 11 KOs) in the first round of his previous appearance last June 5 at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.

Miller, 34, fought for the third time since he was allowed to resume his career last June 23 following a stiff suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for failing yet another performance-enhancing drug test. Miller tested positive for an unspecified banned substance a few weeks before he was supposed to face Jerry Forrest in July 2020 at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas.

Fifteen months earlier, Miller tested positive for four banned substances and was removed from a lucrative shot at Anthony Joshua, then the unbeaten IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO champion, in June 2019 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

On Saturday night, Browne was competitive and landed his fair share of punches. Browne grew tired, however, and ultimately couldn’t deal with Miller’s volume and power.

Three right hands by Miller sent Browne into the ropes. He finally fell to the seat of his trunks with 52 seconds to go in the sixth round.

Browne beat the count easily, but he didn’t last much longer.

A right hand by Miller moved Browne backward with just under 1:10 on the clock in the sixth round and began the sequence that ended their scheduled 10-rounder.

Miller seemed to buzz Browne again near the end of the fifth round, but the bell sounded before Miller could capitalize.

Miller’s left hook briefly stopped Browne from punching about 1:20 into the fifth round. Browne’s right hand backed Miller into the ropes 20 seconds into the fifth round.

Miller blasted Browne with an array of power punches in the final 20 seconds of the fourth round and appeared on the verge of knocking him out. A bloodied Browne was hurt badly, but the bell rang before Miller could finish him off.

Browne’s right uppercut caught Miller as he came forward just after the midway mark of the fourth round. Miller’s right-left combination connected a little less than 30 seconds into the fourth round.

Miller and Browne traded hard shots on the inside for most of a back-and-forth third round. Browne’s three-punch combination moved Miller backward with approximately 30 seconds remaining in the third round.

Browne blasted Miller with a left hook with about 2:15 to go in the third round. Miller came back with a right hand after absorbing that left hook.

Miller’s right hand backed up Browne with just over 30 seconds on the clock in the second round.

Miller’s right uppercut caught Browne with just over 1:10 to go in the second round. Browne’s overhand right connected barely a minute into the second round.

Browne snuck in an uppercut with 55 seconds to go in the first round. Browne landed several jabs later in the opening round, when they got tied up awkwardly on several occasions.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.