Haven Brady Jr. couldn’t stop veteran Mexican Aaron Echeveste on Saturday night, but he mostly dominated the action in their six-round junior lightweight fight in Hinckley, Minnesota.

Brady hurt Echeveste several times and won all six rounds on each judge’s scorecard on the Isaac Dogboe-Joet Gonzalez undercard at Grand Casino Hinckley. Judges Mike Fitzgerald (60-53), Scott Erickson (60-54) and John Mariano (60-54) all scored it a shutout for Brady, a decorated amateur who is promoted by Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc.

The 20-year-old Brady (7-0, 4 KOs), of Albany, Georgia, went the distance for the third time in his past four fights. Echeveste (6-8, 3 KOs), a 35-year-old southpaw from Leon, Mexico, has lost by knockout or technical knockout only once in seven years as a pro.

Brady landed body and head shots during the fifth and sixth rounds, but Echeveste made it to the final bell.

A right by Brady wobbled Echeveste with just over 20 seconds on the clock in the fourth round. Another right hand by Brady made Echeveste hold him with about 15 seconds remaining in the fourth round.

Brady and Echeveste each landed a punch after the bell sounded to end the fourth round.

Brady’s right to the body hurt Echeveste with just over 30 seconds to go in the third round. Brady followed with a right up top that got Echeveste’s attention.

Brady protected himself better during the second round, when his right to the body was an effective punch for him. Echeveste landed several left hands in the opening round, but Brady caught him with right hands regularly.

Before Brady’s win, Cleveland’s Abdullah Mason immediately overwhelmed overmatched Luis Angel Fernandez, scored two knockdowns and stopped him during the first round of their four-round lightweight fight.

The 18-year-old Mason (3-0, 3 KOs) battered Fernandez (1-4-1), who was brave, but in over his head. Fernandez, of Austin, Texas, lost by technical knockout for the second time as a pro.

A right-left combination by Mason made Fernandez fall backward and touch the canvas with his left glove, which counted as a knockdown just 14 seconds into their fight. Referee Mark Nelson counted another knockdown for Mason when his right hook made Fernandez fall forward with 2:02 on the clock in the opening round, though his glove didn’t appear to touch the canvas in that sequence.

The left-handed Mason continued to tee off on a defenseless Fernandez. Nelson finally stopped the action at 2:39 of the first round, after a left uppercut and a straight left hand by Mason knocked Fernandez into the ropes.

In the previous fight, huge heavyweight Antonio Mireles sent Dennys Reyes to the canvas twice during the second round and recorded a second-round stoppage.

The 6-foot-9, 269-pound Mireles (4-0, 4 KOs), of Des Moines, Iowa, drilled Reyes with a left to the side of his head that put Reyes on the seat of his trunks with 1:04 to go in the second round. Reyes reached his feet, but a right hook by Mireles sent Reyes to his gloves and knees with 43 seconds on the clock in the second round.

Their fight was immediately stopped by referee Tyrone Roberts following that second knockdown, at 2:19 of the second round.

The Cuban-born, Minneapolis-based Reyes (3-3, 1 KO) lost by technical knockout for the second time.

Earlier Saturday night, light heavyweight prospect Dante Benjamin Jr. dropped previously unbeaten Corey Thompson three times and stopped him in the first round of their four-rounder.

Cleveland’s Benjamin improved to 3-0 and recorded his second knockout. Thompson (4-1, 3 KOs), of Sauk Centre, Minnesota, suffered a cut in the middle of his forehead within the first 30 seconds of their fight.

Benjamin then knocked him into the ropes with a left hand, which counted as a knockdown 39 seconds into their fight.

A left-right-left combination by Benjamin sent Thompson down again with 1:21 to go in the first round. Thompson reached his feet again, but Benjamin drilled him with a right hand that knocked Thompson into the ropes again.

That counted as a third knockdown. Referee Charlie Fitch quickly stepped in to halt the action after that third knockdown, at 2:24 of the first round.

In the first fight Saturday night, middleweight Antonio Woods remained unbeaten by stopping Daryl Jones in the first round of a scheduled six-rounder.

Woods (11-0, 9 KOs), of Shoreview, Minnesota, staggered Jones with a jab with just over 30 seconds to go in the opening round. Several seconds later, Woods hurt Jones worse with a left hook that made Nelson step between them to stop their fight at 2:36 of the first round.

Jones (4-5-1, 2 KOs), of North Port, Florida, lost by technical knockout for the third time in his four-year pro career.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.