Heavyweight contender Robert Helenius has been one of the boxers being mentioned as a potential opponent to face WBC word champion Tyson Fury.
Helenius coming off back-to-back stoppage wins over Adam Kownacki.
Their rematch from last year was a WBA eliminator - and the Nordic boxer has placed the sanctioning body on notice to make him the mandatory challenger to current WBA champion Oleksandr Usyk, who will face Anthony Joshua in a rematch in the coming months.
"Right now we are waiting for a formal response from the WBA, this is my first priority," Helenius told Sky Sports.
"My lawyer has notified WBA in writing, I've paid sanctioning fees, and there is no more deserving contender to fight Usyk in the WBA than me. I fully expect to be officially named mandatory. I've earned it and I will fight outside the ring as hard as I fight inside the ring for my opportunity."
Fury is slated to return to the ring on March 26.
The champion's mandatory challenger is Dillian Whyte - but the two camps have been unable to reach an agreement.
At the moment, there is a WBC purse bid scheduled for January 18.
If Whyte falls out of the fight, then Helenius could be tabbed to face Fury.
"I have heard my name mentioned by Bob Arum and others of possibly fighting Fury in March," Helenius said.
"Of course, I feel I would beat Fury. He looked great against Deontay Wilder, but he would find a much less favorable style against me. I would knock Fury out. He is an easier style for me than Usyk for sure.
"I leave the business side to my manager Markus Sundman and our advisor Mike Borao - whoever comes, Usyk, Fury, anyone, I will be ready. I feel better now than ever in my career. I will win a world title."