No announcement yet.

Klitschko: Standing Tall Above The Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko: Standing Tall Above The Division

The speed and power of Wladimir Klitschko, exhibited on the head and shoulders of a previously undefeated American Calvin Brock, put an emphatic end to any talk of a muddled heavyweight picture. [details]

Yeah my view on him hasn't changed since he lost to Sanders.

He's obviously the best now, but prior to then he was unbeatable. Unbeatable.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I think Vitali is more talented physically, but the Wladamir/Emanuel Steward union makes wlad the overall better fighter than Vitali.

Comment

He is actually showing some ability to fight on in the face of adversity, even if he doesn't adapt without Manny telling him to. I actually think he's a better all around fighter now than he was before he fought Sanders.

Comment

Vitali would roll him though

Comment

Originally posted by hollister View Post
            I actually think he's a better all around fighter now than he was before he fought Sanders.
            I agree with that statement, all around yes.

But his tenativeness to open up with the right hand changed his fighting style. Regardless he waited untill the 4th round of the fight against Castillo just to throw 1 right hand, and it knocked him out.

He used to bust the right hand out in the first half of the first round. It would immediately demoralize anyone he fought when following the left hand extended.

Never pay again for live ***! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
              Vitali would roll him though
              Perhaps.

Vitali was really good at leaning back and avoiding punches while countering. I think he could theoretically land a good shot that would knock his brother out.

Then again, if he didin't do just that, Wlad would carve his face like a turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by RunWithKnives View Post
                Perhaps.

Vitali was really good at leaning back and avoiding punches while countering. I think he could theoretically land a good shot that would knock his brother out.

Then again, if he didin't do just that, Wlad would carve his face like a turkey.
                on cuts, yeah, Wlad could stop him, but Vitali's chin is a rock for all we know, and that uppercut Lewis nailed him with tells us a lot. I just don't see Wlad making it past the 5th round without taking a few good shots from his bro that end up being enough to either end the fight or sway it in Vitali's favor for good

Comment

Originally posted by RunWithKnives View Post
                  I agree with that statement, all around yes.

But his tenativeness to open up with the right hand changed his fighting style. Regardless he waited untill the 4th round of the fight against Castillo just to throw 1 right hand, and it knocked him out.

He used to bust the right hand out in the first half of the first round. It would immediately demoralize anyone he fought when following the left hand extended.
                  Yeah you're right since the Brewster fight he's shown a lack of willingness to open up. It also bothered me that he never really threw an uppercut in the Brock fight, I felt anyone could have seen that.

EDIT: I should have said "as Brock was ducking and rushing in" sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by hollister View Post
                    Yeah you're right since the Brewster fight he's shown a lack of willingness to open up. It also bothered me that he never really threw an uppercut in the Brock fight, I felt anyone could have seen that.

EDIT: I should have said "as Brock was ducking and rushing in" sorry.
                    Well, Sanders simply threw a left and landed when he was off balance and crushed him something fierce.

He totally demoralized him with those shots, and he's only human.

Comment

Working...
                    X