Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kermit Cintron: “World Champion”- A Sign of the Times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kermit Cintron: “World Champion”- A Sign of the Times?

I don’t care what you read out there, Mark “Poison” Suarez was not a buried treasure in the welterweight division and his five-round technical knockout loss to Kermit Cintron was expected. The only rationale behind his “007” identity is simple: Prior to this past Saturday night, Suarez had fought a mere seven times in three years and all seven encounters were insignificant. [details]

I still remember some people were amazed that Jesse James Leija was making his first title defence against the then dangerous Gabriel Ruelas. Many people expected Leija to take an easy fight after his win over Azumah Nelson. And i still remember Leija words on why he took on the dangerous Ruelas, he said somthing like, "when my kids grow up, i want them to know their dad ducked no one!" And i thought that was baddass. Of course we know that Leija lost, but he was still very competitive and a top contender for many years to come and he ducked no one. And his fight with Ruelas was a baddass fight.
    Last edited by ferocity; 11-02-2006, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Its a sign of bad match-making, Collazo or Quintana deserved there shot at a belt. Quintana without having to face Cotto...

Cintron-suarez
      Margarito-Clottey

Cotto-Quintana
      Floyd-Baldomir

which is better?

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
        Its a sign of bad match-making, Collazo or Quintana deserved there shot at a belt. Quintana without having to face Cotto...

Cintron-suarez
        Margarito-Clottey

Cotto-Quintana
        Floyd-Baldomir

which is better?
        You're forgetting the two top rated fighters Suarez beat to get his title shot.

And it was Quintanna who wanted to face Cotto, i hear they were offering Quintanna step aside money so Cotto could fight Urkal instead Quintanna wanted to face Cotto. So blame Quintanna for wanting to fight with Cotto.

Comment

I dont know there quick to give Cintron a shot again, hopefuly they let Collazo get a shot at either Cintron or Margarito, or just plainly beat them both. Hey, who told Quintana to fight Cotto, a dumb ass thats who lol, nobody with his intrest at heart thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
            I dont know there quick to give Cintron a shot again, hopefuly they let Collazo get a shot at either Cintron or Margarito, or just plainly beat them both. Hey, who told Quintana to fight Cotto, a dumb ass thats who lol, nobody with his intrest at heart thats for sure
            Quintannas people turned down a Margarito fight just so Quintanna could get the winner of Hatton-Urakal, this fight never happened, Quintanna was going to get paid off, he said he'd rather fight Cotto.

I don't know what worse fight Cotto or fighting Margarito you decide. Either way you look at it, Quintann was going to fight one of his fellow puerto ricans for a title. Im not sure Floyd would give him a title shot.

Comment

Ferocity, just so you know, those were never the Ring rankings for the welterweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF34 View Post
                Ferocity, just so you know, those were never the Ring rankings for the welterweight division.

Thats what you say, but its a FACT, that the Ring ranking were at one time just as my sig shows.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                  Quintannas people turned down a Margarito fight just so Quintanna could get the winner of Hatton-Urakal, this fight never happened, Quintanna was going to get paid off, he said he'd rather fight Cotto.

I don't know what worse fight Cotto or fighting Margarito you decide. Either way you look at it, Quintann was going to fight one of his fellow puerto ricans for a title. Im not sure Floyd would give him a title shot.

That's not true. Quintana was offered to fight Margarito...AND Margarito's people turned down the fight. The reason Margarito turned it down is because for starters the money for the fight was not going up, he was not going to be the headline fight, and he didnt want to fight a tougher opponent so the headliner (cotto) could fight an easier opponent in Urkal while making more money than him.

Comment

Working...
                  X