Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales: If this is the End, what a ride it was!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Morales: If this is the End, what a ride it was!

If we could put a face to the sinister individual that none of us would wish to meet down the infamous dark alley, it might belong to Erik Morales. Not because his features are particularly unpleasant, but because he is “El Terrible.” Just as the macho myths of Roberto Duran linger, so too will stories of Morales echo long after his final bow. Who else could park an automobile worth more than most homes outside a gym in one of Tijuana’s toughest areas, and emerge hours later to find the vehicle completely untouched?

He is the product of innumerable gym wars. The result of hundreds of impoverished Tijuana kids that escaped the streets to an environment offering discipline, self-esteem, and a fleeting promise of success and riches to the improbable few that might elevate themselves above the unfortunate many.

Whether through fearsome reputation, or the weight of historic achievements, Morales was always an overbearing presence on his contemporaries. His sharpness of punch was matched only by the strength of his insults, both of which he used for the physical and mental dissection of some of the world’s best fighters. He was a sneering, snarling predator whose business was the assembly of a grand legacy one bloody and brutal encounter at a time.

Though his private manner may be calm, even intellectual, it has never deceived the coarse persona and savage ring reputation he constructed. He did not conceal his dislike of opponents, and could not concede defeat at the hands of another’s superiority.

Selective quotations from Spanish translators made Morales the fighter seem civilized; however, he was as concerned with political correctness as he was with the plight of his opponent. He has unapologetically inflicted depraved taunts and insults to inflame his rivals, and posed over the prone form of a battered victim as would a hunter with his prized kill. [details]

morales will definitely go down as one of the best ever.nationality notwithstanding.

Comment

When I think of Morrales I think of proud warrior. The name Duran conjours images of vicous killer.

Comment

the part about parking his car and having it go untouched is amazeing ..only powerful drug lords have that kinda roll

Comment

has there been a song written about morales? like one of them drug ballads.

Comment

Cool article, too much about pacuqiao at the end but the start of the Morales article was baddass. Morales will win and no doubt i aggree that Morales has the skills, always had the skills to box, but he is a warrior and loves to brawl. Like he's said in the past, he wants to make sure he give a good fight to the fans, have them guessing who is going to win the fight. Morales will win.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
              has there been a song written about morales? like one of them drug ballads.
              I don't listen to the Mexican radio stations often enough to be sure, but i wouldn't doubt it. I know Fernando Vargas has a song written about him, but i have yet to hear it, but i've been told by my sister in law that their is a song about him as im sure thier is about Morales. The drug ballads, lol, is called a corrido/s.

Comment

indeed what a ride it was if erik will lose to pac come november..he will always be a true warrior in my book unlike those other boxers who duck their opponents..

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                  morales will definitely go down as one of the best ever.nationality notwithstanding.
                  best nose job ever

Comment

why should Eric end his career, so what if Pac beats him again, there are still or new highly skilled fighters in that division that he could fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X