No announcement yet.

Team Kessler: He Should Be Called "Joke" Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Kessler: He Should Be Called "Joke" Calzaghe

Mogens Palle, who is coming up on his 50th anniversary as Europe´s leading boxing promoter, has put British promoter rank Warren “on blast” for what Palle said are complete lies concerning an offer made to Mikkel Kessler to fight Joe Calzaghe. [details]

I think any credibility that this press release may have had vanished with this Palle guy being acclaimed as "Europe's leading Boxing promoter".

Comment

I see Gary Shaw is giving these guys advice. It might work I suppose, although it all seems a bit desperate.

Comment

"Why doesn´t HBO step up and demand the two unbeaten champions, both holding two belts, to fight for supermeacy,” Palle asks.
        I would love to see a Kessler-Calzaghe fight, but Palle seems frustrated that HBO aren't making the same offers to Kessler, as they are to Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
          I think any credibility that this press release may have had vanished with this Palle guy being acclaimed as "Europe's leading Boxing promoter".
          I read about this supposed Warren offer about a week ago. Surpriced me a lot since it was completely inconsistent with what i've heard about any possible negotiations and what is alledgedly Fwank's style.

I'm very glad Palle comes out in public and denies it.

I know british posters are gonna believe Fwank.

But the rest of you. Do you really think that good ol' Fwank would come out and offer Kessler 1.5 mill Ł out of the blue?
          And would Kessler refuse it? - he made about 10 % of that amount fighting Beyer.

Warren has presented no details about when the offer was made or what the details were. He just claimed that he'd at some point offered Kessler 1.5 mill. (as i recall he said he'd made 1.5 millŁ offers to Kessler and Beyer both - maybe he got himself confused and it was only extended to Beyer)

If Fwank is actually right - I hope he'll come out and make an equivalent offer again. I think Palle would find it a most excellent start to negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by dumdane View Post
            I read about this supposed Warren offer about a week ago. Surpriced me a lot since it was completely inconsistent with what i've heard about any possible negotiations and what is alledgedly Fwank's style.

I'm very glad Palle comes out in public and denies it.

I know british posters are gonna believe Fwank.

But the rest of you. Do you really think that good ol' Fwank would come out and offer Kessler 1.5 mill Ł out of the blue?
            And would Kessler refuse it? - he made about 10 % of that amount fighting Beyer.

Warren has presented no details about when the offer was made or what the details were. He just claimed that he'd at some point offered Kessler 1.5 mill. (as i recall he said he'd made 1.5 millŁ offers to Kessler and Beyer both - maybe he got himself confused and it was only extended to Beyer)

If Fwank is actually right - I hope he'll come out and make an equivalent offer again. I think Palle would find it a most excellent start to negotiations.
            Fair Play dude.. The sleazy world of BOXING promtion is probaly beyond our grasp.. and WHO knows whats true and what isn't.. MY POINT is.. Kessler looks good.. I have checked out a few of clips and fights and he looks FOR real... I have seen Plenty of Beyer fights.. (seems all Eurosport shows) and Beyer is CRAPOLA.. I would not be trying to build up my GUY based on a Beyer Victory.. Yoshinori Nishizawa knocked him down with a NICE right hand TOO.. the Man is SO over protected and a **** boxer it makes me sick.. Not quite Sven Ottke.. but close enough.. I would rather be given Kessler credit for his wins over Eric Lucas and Mundine.. and even Henry Porras.. all of who I would rate higher than than Beyer

Comment

Everyone questioned Joe before he totally bitched Lacy. Then everyone praised him. Now he looked lackluster again and everyone is on his nuts. He tends to perform on par with his competition, I guess.

Kessler has never fought outside Denmark. I don't know if he'll be willing to leave his den to fight Calzaghe. It is the best fight out there, tho, and I hope it gets made.

Comment

What would beating this padded Euro guy prove? If Calzaghe dominates him like he did Veit and Lacy, the guy Kessler would be forgotten in next to no time anyway..

Do the US fans want to see Calzaghe fight Kessler, or Hopkins, Taylor, Wright, Tarver, Trinidad etc? I think the latter(s) somehow..

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post
                  What would beating this padded Euro guy prove? If Calzaghe dominates him like he did Veit and Lacy, the guy Kessler would be forgotten in next to no time anyway..

Do the US fans want to see Calzaghe fight Kessler, or Hopkins, Taylor, Wright, Tarver, Trinidad etc? I think the latter(s) somehow..
                  Exactly, Juice, EXACTLY. No one really gives a **** about Kessler, they're just hyping him up to detract from The Blow.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Exactly, Juice, EXACTLY. No one really gives a **** about Kessler, they're just hyping him up to detract from The Blow.
                    People seem to forget that Mario Veit was supposed to be the 'next big thing' in Germany and Klaus Peter-Kohl bet so-and-so ammount of Euro's (money) on his fighter winning. Joe Blow blew him out in one round.

Then Jeff Lacy came along some years later and Gary Shaw was hyping him up as the 'saviour of boxing' in America. Joe wins every minute of every round.

**** Kessler. Who is he?

Nobody expected Beyer to live with anybody anything decent, especially at this stage of his career, btw Beyer lost to Veit five times in the amateurs and lost his title to Glenn Catley who Joe KTFO at the '92 ABA final.

Comment

Working...
                    X