No announcement yet.

Audley Harrison – ‘Spent Force’?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Harrison – ‘Spent Force’?

And so the saga continues…Audley Harrison, 34, will meet Matt Skelton for the Heavyweight Commonwealth Title on December 9 at London’s ExCel Arena. [details]

similar, in many ways, to one of those reality television stars who doesn’t know that their time in the spotlight is up.

You don't want to mention Audley in the same breath as Eubank. Eubank came up the hard way, his first 10 bouts were on tape delay after dark, he only earned $250 on his debut, and he had very tough fights with Eric Holland (jumped all over him), Greg George (light-heavyweight), Anthony Logan and Nigel Benn before becoming a household name. He had to work two jobs (in Debenhams and a Wimpy) when he came to Brighton in '88 (while training and fighting too) and lived in a tiny bedsit.

They gave Audley a million pounds before even had one fight, and he was a household name before he even had one fight, and then was literally fighting club fighters in piss-easy exhibitions.

Eubank showed all-time great chin and heart in Benn I and Watson II, Audley showed some impressive 'I'm a *****-ness' against Williams and Guinn.

Why do people compare Audley to Eubank all the time when in many respects they are nothing alike?
    Last edited by GEOFFHAYES; 10-10-2006, 01:31 AM.

Comment

"Spent Force" implies there was once force that was expended.

There was never any force. Only hype.

Comment

2pac 2pac time ta work

Comment

Originally posted by Ace_Kicker View Post
          2pac 2pac time ta work

Comment

Ordinary Harrison, Audrey Harrison, Audley Embarrasin, Audley 'A-Farce' Harrison. Hahaha.

But I like Audley, he's a quality fighter and funny personality. I've been watching him since his loss (his first amateur loss) to Julius Francis at the '93 ABA's.

Comment

Ordinary Harrison, Audrey Harrison, Audley Embarrasin, Audley 'A-Farce' Harrison. Hahaha.
              You forgot Fraudley Harrison!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                You forgot Fraudley Harrison!
                **** yeah, I knew there was one

Comment

Im ashamed the fact that audley harrison is british the man has no balls. I can imagine him being the kinda guy who before a fight would say "no hitting the face"

I hope skelton really brings the rough house tatics to play on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Bozo_no no View Post
                    "Spent Force" implies there was once force that was expended.

There was never any force. Only hype.
                    Bozo hit this one on the button.

Comment

Working...
                    X