No announcement yet.

Ole-Ole-Ole-Ole, John Duddy is For Real

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ole-Ole-Ole-Ole, John Duddy is For Real

An obvious step up in opposition for the talented, yet raw, Duddy. Campas proved to be even more of a test than anyone bargained for. Thought never to be the same since losing his IBF Light Middleweight title almost eight years ago in a brutal fight against Fernando Vargas (12/12/98), Campas couldn’t continue after round seven), Campas looked better than he had in years, and brought his heart and soul with him for what he knew would be a very difficult fight. [details]

i dont think beating campas @ 160 proves your forreal..campas best weight was 147...duddy gets hit by a real middleweight he'll get knocked out

Comment

what a joke of an article. Duddy is getting way to much credit, come on now. He has to win by robbery to get a won over Campas. This article should be deleted from boxingscene.

Comment

Tough to make a real hard judgement on the kid yet but I will say that most fighters who were real "for real" eneded up knocking Yory Boy out, not decisioning an old washed up version of the former champ.

Still way too early to judge the young lad.

Comment

This article is a joke, BEATING A 35 WASHED UP Fighter who gave him hell and actually lost the fight...Duddy aint the real deal, he will get beaten if he steps it up to the todays competition and when he does, ill be laughing at this article again.
          Last edited by xcaret; 10-02-2006, 08:53 PM.

Comment

it was a huge step up for duddy, and he passed the test. Every prospect who is gonna jump up a skill level is gonna struggle. I thought duddy lost, but still passed the test.

He is definetly "for real" dispite having stuggled massively. And i agree with the article for the most part, that fight was boxing at its best!

Comment

It's me or lately a lot of fighters get more props for having "heart" than for winning a bout or looking impressive? Like Malignaggi, Hatton (Collazo), Arthur Abraham, and now Duddy...

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                It's me or lately a lot of fighters get more props for having "heart" than for winning a bout or looking impressive? Like Malignaggi, Hatton (Collazo), Arthur Abraham, and now Duddy...
                I absolutely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by kfootball15 View Post
                  it was a huge step up for duddy, and he passed the test. Every prospect who is gonna jump up a skill level is gonna struggle. I thought duddy lost, but still passed the test.

He is definetly "for real" dispite having stuggled massively. And i agree with the article for the most part, that fight was boxing at its best!

Prospects may struggle when they step it up. But true champions (and champions to be) would never struggle this early in the game against this type of competition.

Comment

u cant be a great fighter without heart... its one of the main ingredients id say. without IT ur nothing.

Its also a telling sign for a future champ. If you have the skills to compete with a great fighter while showing heart, ur ready for the next step.

Duddy competed toe-toe with campas for half the fight.

Granted, u can be all heart, and no skills.

But that is clearly not the case with duddy. He has power, a chin, lets his hands go seemingly at will, throws combinations well, steps back with the right hand well, makes his opponent walk into his jabs well...

he clearly has skills to compete at the next level.

this whole trip is about learning the game, every prospect goes through it.

And even if he loses his next fight or something, this guy is HBO's and madison square gardens next ARTURO GATTI.

The entire garden will sell out just like atlantic city did for Gatti. HBO will have this guy goin against b or c level fighters, and those fights will get FOTY

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, JOHN DUDDY IS GOOD FOR BOXING!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X