Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 25 Heavyweights (As of September, 2006)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 Heavyweights (As of September, 2006)

Perhaps the month of August will go down in boxing history as one of most pivotal in heavyweight history. With Oleg Maskaev’s demolition of Hasim Rahman no American is on the precipice of dominating the division. Of course some have already forgotten the Lennox Lewis – decidedly non-American – did dominate the division. He was likely the actual precursor to today’s situation. [details]

I would have put Brewster lower, but a good list.

Comment

Liakovich and Brewster are very overrated.

Comment

travis walker is gonna knockout jason estrada, something he couldnt do to jason gavern.

Comment

I agree with most of the above. Brewster and Liakovich are overrated, it always happens after a fight of the year (Think Arturo Gatti). Travis Walker is very powerful but he doesnt know how to box, so I see Estrada (the US olympian) winning a decision, unless he comes in very overweight which he did in the olympics.
          I have seen "Fast" Eddie Chambers on TV before (one thing is for sure he should change his nickname.)
          Valuev is being used by Don King, which is why Valuev is fighting another lower class guy (even though he is a step up from Beck). Why make him fight someone better, it is easier to exploit and make money off a 7 footer.

I also think DaVarryl Williamson is way overrated on your board.

some other guys to consider (Most not really): Terry Smith, Vladimir Virchis, Alexander Dimitrenko, Sinan Samil Sam, Tye Fields, Malik Scott, Taras *****ko, Leo Nolan, Kirk Johnson, Alonzo Butler,
          and especially Kevin Johnson

Comment

Brewster is very overrated

Comment

I forgot Holyfield who will probably be getting a title fight after his next fight. And, I guess I also forgot that Brewster kayoed the #1 heavyweight.

Comment

I like Calvin Brock alot I think he has the potential to be the number one heavyweight. But for right now Klitschko's the man.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinnn
                  I forgot Holyfield who will probably be getting a title fight after his next fight. And, I guess I also forgot that Brewster kayoed the #1 heavyweight.
                  Brewster also lost to Charles Shufford and Clifford Etienne. Now that doesn't mean those two guys should be high on the list. Brewster was as lucky to be a champ as Valuev (unless Valuev has drastically improved ).

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare5150

Brewster also lost to Charles Shufford and Clifford Etienne. Now that doesn't mean those two guys should be high on the list. Brewster was as lucky to be a champ as Valuev (unless Valuev has drastically improved ).

Good point, but that was six years ago. Maskaev and Rahman had worse streaks less than six years ago. Wlad Klitschko got KOd twice in that time period, and Valuev was still fighting people imitating boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X