Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Avanesyan's Coach: I Told Everyone This Would Happen - They Thought I Was Crazy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Avanesyan's Coach: I Told Everyone This Would Happen - They Thought I Was Crazy

David Avanesyan stopped Josh Kelly in six rounds at The SSE Arena, Wembley to retain his EBU welterweight title, live on Sky Sports in the UK and on DAZN in the U.S. Sunderland's Kelly suffered his first professional defeat at the hands of Avanesyan, the relentless Russian champion, who forced Kelly's trainer Adam Booth to throw in the towel after two knockdowns in a punishing sixth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think everyone saw it coming. Even the Hearniacs stopped claiming he was the next Roy Jones or whatever they were hyping him as. He would have gotten himself seriously hurt had he faced one of the pbc welterweights. He needs to go back to British and commonwealth level and actually learn the pro game and remember that he is no longer an amateur. I’m not sure who he is training with or where he is training but he needs to seriously think about relocating and getting someone to tweak his style a bit. Every attempt at a shoulder roll should be 200 push-ups...

Comment

A fighter who lacks dog in him has NOOO business in boxing. None.
      Losing is not as bad as HOW you lose.
      CRACKS at the first sign of heat.
      And this is the guy who was being mentioned with Virgil Ortiz!!!!

Comment

We all believed you mate, hence why Ava was the bookies favourite going in. Team Kelly tried putting this fight off for the last 2 years. But they just couldn’t talk themselves out of it without looking like losers.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
          A fighter who lacks dog in him has NOOO business in boxing. None.
          Losing is not as bad as HOW you lose.
          CRACKS at the first sign of heat.
          And this is the guy who was being mentioned with Virgil Ortiz!!!!
          Ortiz may have mortally wounded him. I’m glad that fight didn’t and won’t ever happen

Comment

This is how Ryan Garcia would look if he could not punch. Having some power can be a real handy thing most of the time if you’re a boxer.

Comment

Kelly was never real, not even in his own mind. He could have done a lot better had he not seen his compatriots getting smashed. He went macho and pressed early, instead of moving, but he is not a bully. He stayed too long, did no real damage, burned too much energy, and didn't try to move until he was hurt. There's things he could have done different, without walking into a meat grinder.

Comment

Kelly shouldn't feel too bad. He had the fight in the bag and even hurt David very bad early. He chased the showboating, stylish, highlight reel KO and paid. That said, he does have issues with head movement especially after taking big shots. He can still be a force but has a lot of work ahead. David fought his way back like a warrior, excellent showcase of heart, at any time he also could have given up on himself but didn't. Was a good fight while it lasted.

Comment

Kelly can be good . He needs to realise he is not Roy jones tho

Comment

Avenasian didn't even have to look for him. He didn't need lateral movement, he didn't have to cut off the ring. Ave had no problem finding Josh.

Comment

Working...
                    X