Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidel Sando vs. Clay Collard Collide in Shelbyville, Kentucky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidel Sando vs. Clay Collard Collide in Shelbyville, Kentucky

Maidel Sando hopes to continue riding the momentum of an impressive win in his last bout. Sando will face Clay Collard in a six-round super middleweight bout tonight at the County Fairgrounds in Shelbyville, Kentucky. The Cuba-born Sando (10-0, 7 knockouts), who now resides in Nashville, Tennessee, defeated Genc Pllana by unanimous decision in his last bout on September 23. The fight, which snapped a string of four consecutive knockout victories, took place on a PBC on FS1 telecast.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought "Da Eye Test Killa" was quitting the business after his streak was broken?

Comment

Sounds like he decided not to go back to mma. Collard could be a contender if he would just get a world class trainer and concentrate on boxing full time. His punches are more Kenpo, Sanshou, or kickboxing more than they are proper boxing. He doesn’t pivot and get maximum power into his shots. Kid could be special if he would look to more than just the “opponent” role. If I were him I’d get a good trainer and take 5-10 fights that I was expected to win simply to test out the learning curve in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Sounds like he decided not to go back to mma. Collard could be a contender if he would just get a world class trainer and concentrate on boxing full time. His punches are more Kenpo, Sanshou, or kickboxing more than they are proper boxing. He doesn’t pivot and get maximum power into his shots. Kid could be special if he would look to more than just the “opponent” role. If I were him I’d get a good trainer and take 5-10 fights that I was expected to win simply to test out the learning curve in the gym.
        no Collard wouldn't be world class. He doesn't have enough athleticism; boxing takes speed more than MMA.

He should stick to MMA. He's much better and more built for MMA. He just had the bad luck of being matched against ATG's like Max Holloway.

Comment

Working...
        X