Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Velez: I Want To Prove I'm Still Capable Of Becoming World Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Velez: I Want To Prove I'm Still Capable Of Becoming World Champion

LAS VEGAS, Nevada There are far easier ways for Jayson Velez to prove himself in the ring. The former title challenger from Juncos, Puerto Rico has different ideas about his career, as evidenced in his willingness to accept a relatively short notice assignment versus unbeaten Gabriel Flores Jr. Velez (29-7-1, 21KOs) enters the fight having lost his last two and as a replacement to former 130-pound titlist Andrew Cancio who was forced to withdraw due to a lower back injury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boricua181

Jayson Velez is a real fighter, who was riding a 3 fight KO streak, and should have made it a 4 fight winning streak. Except that the judges awarded the the fight to his opponent. Loses like that can take something that is crucially needed out of a fighter. Which is the extra will to win, when you need it at crunch time. If your pushing yourself to your limits in order to win, and yet the judges take it away from you, that's enough to kill your spirit. If he had gotten the decision against Jaime Arboleda, which he deserved. He might have been able to turn the trick in his last fight against Oscar Valdez. As it was it was a give, and take battle between them both. At the end of their fight Valdez looked the worst for wear, and more than happy that the fight was over. There is no denying Valdez's heart of a warrior, but the same can be said of Velez. That said the ultimate warrior of the two is the Azteca Warrior Oscar Valdez. He also comes across as humble, as he is a warrior. Unfortunately I don't think that'll be enough to beat Miguel Berchelt, and deny him of his 7th title defense tonight.
    Last edited by Boricua181; 02-20-2021, 02:26 PM. Reason: Added one word to my post.

Comment

One quick cautionary note to the official refereeing the bout between Oscar Valdez versus Miguel Berchelt. Make sure your commands are heard clearly, and that you see both fighter's break cleanly, because if you don't you might become one of their knockout victims. That's how focused the two will be on taking each other out, that they might single out the referee entirely.

Comment

Working...
      X