Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Kelly: I Feel I Will Stop Avanesyan - Everybody Will Be Shocked!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Kelly: I Feel I Will Stop Avanesyan - Everybody Will Be Shocked!

It is 27 months since Josh Kelly was first supposed to step in the ring with David Avanesyan. Kelly believes the delay has been in his favor. The pair meet for the European welterweight title at Wembley Arena on Saturday night. Since their first date fell through at late notice, Kelly has been taken the distance three times, winning two and drawing one. Avanesyan has three knockouts. But if those facts give the Russian any confidence, Kelly believes it is misplaced.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just win the damn fight and don't act like a cretin on that ring.

Comment

This fight in prospect & card by Hearn is better than some he puts out on PPv .A current European champion with good stock against a skilful unbeaten top prospect makes a welcome change from a old veteran fighter in a rematch with the fighter he's just iced just because the fighter and promoter weren't happy with the first emphatic result.

Comment

It's heavyweights two top 10 heavyweights and I mean boxrec and Ring not joke ratings fight and it's ppv every promoter recently.
        Dubois vs Joyce is the best one non ppv recently but they weren't top 10 either of them.

This fight is really good but how many causals know how good Avanesyan is ?

PPVs aren't and have never been valued on the quality of the fighters its how many people are willing to buy it.

Originally posted by thack View Post
        This fight in prospect & card by Hearn is better than some he puts out on PPv .A current European champion with good stock against a skilful unbeaten top prospect makes a welcome change from a old veteran fighter in a rematch with the fighter he's just iced just because the fighter and promoter weren't happy with the first emphatic result.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
          It's heavyweights two top 10 heavyweights and I mean boxrec and Ring not joke ratings fight and it's ppv every promoter recently.
          Dubois vs Joyce is the best one non ppv recently but they weren't top 10 either of them.

This fight is really good but how many causals know how good Avanesyan is ?

PPVs aren't and have never been valued on the quality of the fighters its how many people are willing to buy it.
          Agreed. If kelly wins this he will be PPV banking on the casuals thinking he is Josh Taylor! Which trust me, many people actually so get them confused over here

Comment

Kelly has one of those styles between Muhammed Ali and Bozo the clown.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              It’s an intriguing matchup and proof that you don’t need championship titles or large crowds of casual drunkards for good fights. This is a boxing fans fight. I do get that young Edward has to make his dosh though. He knows full well “PPV is dead” isn’t reality

Comment

I don't know Josh, just what he does in the ring and he clowns too much. He thinks he's "unorthodox", but it's youth and speed that let him get away with it. He's not as conceited as the Prince Hamed, but he doesn't hit as hard and he's not as fast. I don't think this will end well, but lots of luck Josh.

Comment

He's not the kind of guy I'd normally pull for, but by god, British boxing needs something right now, so I hope he can win and look good. He does have real talent, that's impossible to deny, but I really do hope that he can get his head in the right kind of place for these big fights. All the showboating is only going to get him found out at the top level if he keeps it up.

Comment

I have not really watched ether of these fighters.

Just seen afew short videos of Josh Kelly, he looks like the typical Adam Booth fighter.

But is he as gifted as Booth suggests, if he is? He should really be getting a Unanimous decision over Avanesyan or stoppage win etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X