Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Praying To Make Madison Square Garden Debut in 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Praying To Make Madison Square Garden Debut in 2021

All things considered, Xander Zayas didn't have much to complain about in 2020. While the world was turned upside down, the welterweight prospect turned 18, graduated high school, and fought four times, improving his pro record to 6-0 with five knockouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boricua181

The start of Xander Zayas' career has been a virtual bust. When you promote a boxer as being the next teenage superstar, people are looking for fireworks against decent opposition. This isn't what has happened here so far it's more hype/flash than substance. We've already had a teenage superstar come out of Puerto Rico, that was no other than Wilfredo Benitez, a true Hall of Fame, 3 division champion. A boxing master the likes of which we won't see for years to come. The youngest world champion, at 17 years and a few months of age. That's one record that's already out of Zayas' reach. Benitez beat the great Hall of Famer Antonio Cervantes for the Junior Welterweight title on 3/6/76. They bestowed nicknames like "Radar", and ring monikers like "the Bible of Boxing", in tribute to his skill's. Xander Zayas' chance's of becoming a Wilfredo Benitez type superstar are slim, but not impossible. He's going to up the level of his opposition, and the amount of fights he has within a year. He can become one of our great fighters, but he's going to have to put the pedal to the metal plain and simple.
    Last edited by Boricua181; 02-20-2021, 11:51 AM. Reason: Added content to my post on the subject.

Comment

bori 181 you are a hater. he's only 18 wish i didnt read this ****

Comment

Boricua181

The word hater is already played out, and there was no hating in my post. It's called constructive criticism, I'm not saying that he wont become a great Puerto Rican champion. What I was saying was that they've hyped him up so much, and then they put fighters with a 1-0, 2-2, 1-1, 6-6, 1-0, and 2-5, finally in his 7th fight, he's fighting a 6-1 fighter. Whenever your hyping a fighter as the next great superstar out of Puerto Rico, you can't match him up against those 6 fighters. I even gave you an example of another great Puerto Rican fighter who was the youngest to win a title, before he reached 18 years of age. When you sit down, and start reading BoxingScene comments, don't get emotional this is just a matter of one's opinion. My comment doesn't rule the boxing game, just as i assure you yours doesn't either. Not everyone will agree with my assessment, and not everyone will agree with yours. I suggest that before you start calling people names, or changing their names in an attempt to offend them. I suggest that in the future you read the comments with a professional instead of an emotional state of mind. I didn't say anything disrespectful about Zayas, as a matter of fact I'll be watching the fights tonight, and rooting for him. Nor have I said anything negative about you, nor will I try to offend you by changing your name. That said there are others on this platform that will take you to task, I advice that you don't go down that rabbit hole.

Comment

Working...
        X