Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Avanesyan, Josh Kelly - Face-Off at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: David Avanesyan, Josh Kelly - Face-Off at Final Presser

Avanesyan, Kelly Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - Matchroom Boxing will return to The SSE Arena, Wembley for David Avanesyan vs. Josh Kelly on Saturday February 20, with both events shown live on Sky Sports in the UK and on DAZN in the U.S. and more than 200 countries and territories. (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to this one.

Comment

I think we'll find if Josh can cut it ....he can't afford to fade here.

Comment

The is the guy that retired Sugar Shane right?

Comment

This is a hard pick for sure. I can't make it out quite yet

Comment

This is going to show if Josh passes the test and moves up or has to regroup and work his way back up. Avanesyan should be a stern test and maybe even a real threat.

Comment

Good fight not sure who wins.

Comment

How good is Avenesyan really?
                Serious question I have seen very little.

Is this really a 50/50 or is Avenesyan like some Euro level operator that is being hyped to predictably lose and everyone screams Josh Kelly has learned from his previous performance etc? I don't want to judge Avenesyan especially when I've not seen much of him but I just get the impression he is possibly being very overrated just to make out Josh Kelly is something he isn't or frankly has not shown as a pro at any point in time.

I think Josh Kelly & his ability actually are very overhyped, his style really is flash over substance.
                Hands down, slipping shots, a goofy grin like great how about learning what a counterpunch is?

He looks like a guy that could have been a lot better if he spent less time watching Naz and Roy being flashy and concentrated more on why they did what they did and what actually made them so good rather than just taking certain stuff cause it looks pretty on the eye.

There is so little substance to his style, it just a waste of energy. Like why you utilising this erratic head movement from 10ft away for? What is the actual purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  How good is Avenesyan really?
                  Serious question I have seen very little.

Is this really a 50/50 or is Avenesyan like some Euro level operator that is being hyped to predictably lose and everyone screams Josh Kelly has learned from his previous performance etc? I don't want to judge Avenesyan especially when I've not seen much of him but I just get the impression he is possibly being very overrated just to make out Josh Kelly is something he isn't or frankly has not shown as a pro at any point in time.

I think Josh Kelly & his ability actually are very overhyped, his style really is flash over substance.
                  Hands down, slipping shots, a goofy grin like great how about learning what a counterpunch is?

He looks like a guy that could have been a lot better if he spent less time watching Naz and Roy being flashy and concentrated more on why they did what they did and what actually made them so good rather than just taking certain stuff cause it looks pretty on the eye.

There is so little substance to his style, it just a waste of energy. Like why you utilising this erratic head movement from 10ft away for? What is the actual purpose?
                  Avanesyan is solid rather than exceptional, technically sound Eastern euro school - good Euro level rather than world level - but I'd argue that he's as good as anyone Kelly has faced to date.

Not quite sure I've seen all this hype you seem to have for Josh though? Like you I think he's a decent enough fighter and I agree that he's maybe more style than substance - or at least that's what we've seen to date. I think he could potentially be a kinda lower end top 10 kinda guy, but this fight should give us a better idea whether he belongs in the discussion.

It's a solid step up / contender fight and nothing more, but I do believe there's a genuine possibility of an upset. After all David was pretty much supposed to be a step up for Lajarraga too and look how that turned out... twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                    Avanesyan is solid rather than exceptional, technically sound Eastern euro school - good Euro level rather than world level - but I'd argue that he's as good as anyone Kelly has faced to date.

Not quite sure I've seen all this hype you seem to have for Josh though? Like you I think he's a decent enough fighter and I agree that he's maybe more style than substance - or at least that's what we've seen to date. I think he could potentially be a kinda lower end top 10 kinda guy, but this fight should give us a better idea whether he belongs in the discussion.

It's a solid step up / contender fight and nothing more, but I do believe there's a genuine possibility of an upset. After all David was pretty much supposed to be a step up for Lajarraga too and look how that turned out... twice.

I think the hype died down a lot after his last two performances but prior I was seeing a lot of hype after a highlight video went viral.

I think that is his ceiling really, a bordering top 10 sort of contender.

I've not seen enough of Avenesyan really to say or to say if I feel this is one of those 'fool the public type of 50/50s'.

Bit of a sidenote but he looks a really small welterweight? Kelly looks a lot bigger and he has quite thick legs too. Sometimes I just can't fathom how two guys can somehow supposedly weigh the same. Kelly looks a fully pledged two weights bigger to me :S

Comment

Working...
                    X