Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bocachica On Unbeaten 'ShoBox' Opponent: Reyes' KOs Came Against Cab Drivers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bocachica On Unbeaten 'ShoBox' Opponent: Reyes' KOs Came Against Cab Drivers

Mark Reyes Jr. is undefeated and has knocked out 12 of his 14 foes in professional fights. Janelson Figueroa Bocachica has watched clips from a few of Reyes' knockout victories, but he still isn't sold on his opponent's power. Detroit's Bocachica can't wait to show Reyes just how steep of a step up in competition he'll take Wednesday night in their 10-round welterweight fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“I’ve seen him get a few pretty good knockouts, but those were cab drivers,” Bocachica told BoxingScene.com. “Anybody can do something with a guy that looks like that. You know, if you look at their records, they haven’t fought nobody and they don’t even got no Ws or nothing. When he comes and fights somebody like me, he’s not gonna be able to do the same things he was doing. I’ve seen highlights from two or three of his fights, but it’s all about him being in there with me. I’m not in there with him.”

Hmm. I like this Bocachica already. I wish he were at Berlanga's weight class to hear him say that about Berlanga.

Comment

I bet Greg Haugen wishes he had copy written that phrase

Comment

Boricua181

Well Bocachica, since you disrespected Reyes by saying his KO's came against cab drivers. You better beat Reyes, because if he knocks you out he's going to through your insult back in your face. You'll just become one of his KO'd cab drivers. Hate to see to up, and coming Puerto Rican fighters go at each other so early in their career's. But when one starts talking trash about the other, that boxer loses my respect for his lack of professionalism.

Comment

Bocachica isn't even knocking out the cab drivers.

Comment

Not that its worth much but he has apparently put Teofimo Lopez down in sparring and there's video of it. I Wonder what's happening with this guy though I thought he signed to realdeal promotions with Holyfield but skysports have ran a random news story about the Lopez sparring very recently.

Teofimo Lopez showed a glimpse of vulnerability on camera, years before conquering the world, and Janelson Figueroa Bocachica is happy to recall how he toppled the sport's pound-for-pound star.

Lopez is recognised as the finest lightweight on the planet after he masterfully defeated Vasiliy Lomachenko on points to unify the WBA, IBF and WBO belts.

But Bocachica believes the Brooklyn man will be reluctant to join him between the ropes again after footage was released of their infamous sparring session, featuring a heavy knockdown for Lopez.
            https://www.xxxxxx.com/boxing/news/1...arring-session

website is "skysports" replace the censored to see the story. duno if links allowed

Makes me think matchroom have either signed him and I've missed it or they want to. I guess there's always chance they just running the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Bocachica isn't even knocking out the cab drivers.
              He must be, he's got a terribly high KO ratio.

If they're not cab drivers what are they?

Besides, we have to stop disrespecting cab drivers after what Peralta (a REAL cab driver) did to former champion Robert Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                He must be, he's got a terribly high KO ratio.

If they're not cab drivers what are they?

Besides, we have to stop disrespecting cab drivers after what Peralta (a REAL cab driver) did to former champion Robert Guerrero.
                I could care less about Robert Guerrero. 68 or 70% KO ratio isn't spectacular, especially during the build up phase, but you're right about cab drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  I could care less about Robert Guerrero. 68 or 70% KO ratio isn't spectacular, especially during the build up phase, but you're right about cab drivers.
                  70% KO isn't spectacular this early in a guy's career, when one of the hardest punches in the business, Randall Bailey, retired with an 80% ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    70% KO isn't spectacular this early in a guy's career, when one of the hardest punches in the business, Randall Bailey, retired with an 80% ratio?
                    Let me know what Bocachicas KO ratio is after 45 fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X