Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trilogy Time: Assessing Locks and Hopefuls at the IBHOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trilogy Time: Assessing Locks and Hopefuls at the IBHOF

It was supposed to be this June. Instead, thanks to a lingering pandemic, it'll be exactly 478 days from today. No matter when it occurs, few weekends on the calendar provide the drama and jubilation as the one in which the International Boxing Hall of Fame's newest class is enshrined.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agree with the four but Fury and Usyk definitely get in too. Any of them six could retire tomorrow and make the HOF.

Comment

If Fury got in, he'd be the only heavyweight in the HoF with zero title defenses and one of the few who didn't defeat a fellow HOFer in their prime (say...before age 35). I agree that beating Joshua punches his HoF ticket. But he probably gets in regardless on his notoriety and popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba K View Post
        If Fury got in, he'd be the only heavyweight in the HoF with zero title defenses.
        Incorrect. Ken Norton.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Incorrect. Ken Norton.
          I stand corrected, I forgot about Norton. Still I'd like to see Fury make a few defenses before he gets immortalized. Norton's from my hometown but I wonder if he gets in without beating Ali? Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I stand corrected, I forgot about Norton. Still I'd like to see Fury make a few defenses before he gets immortalized. Norton's from my hometown but I wonder if he gets in without beating Ali? Thanks for the reminder.
            There’s quite a few in the HOF without making a defence. Sharkey, Braddock, Baer, Ingemar and Norton.

I’d like to see Fury make a few defences too but it won’t prevent him from making the HOF, he’s already a sure fire HOF’er.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              There’s quite a few in the HOF without making a defence. Sharkey, Braddock, Baer, Ingemar and Norton.

I’d like to see Fury make a few defences too but it won’t prevent him from making the HOF, he’s already a sure fire HOF’er.
              Fury probably makes it in on "fame" but his best wins are Wilder, who's suspect and Klitschko (boring fight, good victory). Each one of those fighters you named, even Norton, own a victory over a fellow HoFer in their prime. Id like to see how Fury does against today's top heavyweights - Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Pulev...or he could beat their conqueror and erase ANY doubt.

Comment

Fury probably makes it in on "fame" but his best wins are Wilder, who's suspect and Klitschko (boring fight, good victory). Each one of those fighters you named, even Norton, own a victory over a fellow HoFer in their prime. Id like to see how Fury does against today's top heavyweights - Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Pulev...or he could beat their conqueror and erase ANY doubt.
                He’d beat them easily IMO. Aside from Fury, AJ and Wilder the division is trash IMO.

Norton never beat a prime Ali either. You’re way off on that one.

Comment

Can anyone honestly watch the Otto Wallin fight and then say with 100% certainty that Fury "easily beats" say..... Hrgovic?

The division isnt trash, there's a lot of good young fighters

Comment

Working...
                  X