Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn: I Back Kelly, But I Believe Avanesyan Might Be Too Much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Conor Benn: I Back Kelly, But I Believe Avanesyan Might Be Too Much

Conor Benn will be a very interested observer this Saturday night, when domestic rival Josh Kelly challenges EBU welterweight champion David Avanesyan. Benn is training for his own scheduled fight on April 10, against veteran Samuel Vargas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Off subject: One of Fa$t £ddie's #1 prospects John Hedges is on the Benn/Vargas card. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that top prospects were supposed to fight at least six times a year. By the time Hedges gets in the ring it will be 6 months sinse his debut & unless he picked up a bad injury it's just not good enough!....

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      Off subject: One of Fa$t £ddie's #1 prospects John Hedges is on the Benn/Vargas card. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that top prospects were supposed to fight at least six times a year. By the time Hedges gets in the ring it will be 6 months sinse his debut & unless he picked up a bad injury it's just not good enough!....
      Hedges got a gift win in his first fight. I had him losing all four rounds, and only a case for one. Looked garbage.

Comment

I wanna see Kelly vs Benn at some point this year. Matchroom need to start matching their prospects domestically.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          I wanna see Kelly vs Benn at some point this year. Matchroom need to start matching their prospects domestically.
          Edward said he doesn’t like doing that. Unlike Warren who does match his guys, Edward seems to think it harms his guys in the long run in terms of their drawing power. But I agree, he needs to change course on that

Comment

Kelly after winning another contraversial decision after getting dropped twice and winning 117-111 x2 and 114-113.
            Eddie: ' I fort it was a great fight, credit to both boxers, the scorecards were a bit wide but Kelly nicked it at the end for me'

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Edward said he doesn’t like doing that. Unlike Warren who does match his guys, Edward seems to think it harms his guys in the long run in terms of their drawing power. But I agree, he needs to change course on that
              Yeah he never does it. He’d rather have them fight Eurobums for WBA international titles. That does nothing for prospects IMO.

I’m a huge advocate of the Area > English > British/Commonwealth > European > World pathway.

Comment

Well in this case it's no Eurobum this is a real fight for Kelly, I would have had Benn as a soft touch if it had happened now. Now I 've changed my mind ;-)

Yeah he never does it. He’d rather have them fight Eurobums for WBA international titles. That does nothing for prospects IMO.

I’m a huge advocate of the Area > English > British/Commonwealth > European > World pathway.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                  Well in this case it's no Eurobum this is a real fight for Kelly, I would have had Benn as a soft touch if it had happened now. Now I 've changed my mind ;-)
                  Yeah Kelly-Avanesyan is a good fight, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Avanesyan proves a level above because Kelly is largely unproven.

I’d would have liked to see Kelly face the likes of Kongo, Mckinson, Benn, Clay, Essuman etc before he steps up to European level.

I don’t think Kelly has been prepared in terms of matchmaking for a fighter like Avanesyan. Maybe his talent will be enough to see him through, but it’s a big step up from the likes of Winston Campos.

Comment

York Hall all the way.....completely agree

Comment

Working...
                    X