Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kiko Martinez Fuming Over Scores: Do You Have To Kill Someone To Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kiko Martinez Fuming Over Scores: Do You Have To Kill Someone To Win?

Former world champion Kiko Martinez is still fuming over the scorecards in last Saturday's fight with Zelfa Barrett, which took place at SSE Arena in Wembley. In a very close contest, where some felt Martinez did enough to win or at the very least deserved a draw, two of the official judges issued very wide scores in favor of Barrett.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Horrible scoring.

Comment

Yes, yes you do. As Mauricio Lara showed us you need to try and kill your opponent to even considering getting a win. Imagine an alternate universe where Warrington survived that beating. Judges probably had their alternate split decision cards ready to turn in if there was any adversity to overcome.

Comment

Name and shame the judges for a start then get rid of them out the sport .. wishful naive thinking on my part I know

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
          Yes, yes you do. As Mauricio Lara showed us you need to try and kill your opponent to even considering getting a win. Imagine an alternate universe where Warrington survived that beating. Judges probably had their alternate split decision cards ready to turn in if there was any adversity to overcome.

This is sadly too accurate.

I also hate the ''take it out of the judges hands'' talk that gets thrown about a lot like they aren't trying to do just that. If only it was so simple.

He pressured, he threw more & he landed more in virtually every round. He did his best to try take it out of their hands.

The fighters do their best they can.

And its not just these judges, they're having to fight referees also. This sport is so frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
            Name and shame the judges for a start then get rid of them out the sport .. wishful naive thinking on my part I know

That has been done to death.
            Sadly being a boxing judge is the only job in the world where being **** at your job gets you continual employment.

Comment

If both fights had ended in Round 8, I probably would’ve had Warrington quite close and Barrett at least three, probably four rounds down.

It doesn’t excuse the poor judging from Saturday but the Ritson decision was much worse by every measure. At least Barrett had a case to win the last 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                If both fights had ended in Round 8, I probably would’ve had Warrington quite close and Barrett at least three, probably four rounds down.

It doesn’t excuse the poor judging from Saturday but the Ritson decision was much worse by every measure. At least Barrett had a case to win the last 3 rounds
                Even the Brits on network hated that decision

Comment

David Avanesyan might be next.

Comment

Warrington was ahead on 2 scorecards.............................

Comment

Working...
                    X