Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mark Tibbs Confident He Can Raise The Game of Daniel Dubois

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mark Tibbs Confident He Can Raise The Game of Daniel Dubois

By Tris Dixon - Daniel Dubois announced last week that he will be trained by Mark Tibbs moving forward. He still has a management contract in place with former coach Martin Bowers but has opted for a "fresh start" after the first loss of his professional career, against Joe Joyce last November. Joyce is likely moving on to a big fight with Oleksandr Usyk while...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really talented heavyweight and good luck to him.

In the last fight if he had just kept his guard up and defended against that ramrod jab he wouldn't have needed any switching up at all trainer or style wise...

I'd stick him in with Chisora after a tune up fight to gain his confidence...would make a great fight

Comment

I'll say it again, Derrick James could make this guy into an unbeatable fighter. Just like styles make fights, the right trainer with a certain kinda fighter makes magic. All Dubois will learn in the UK are new ways to get hit. Please come to the US and head over to Dallas and train for just one day with James

Comment

He fell in love with hes power.And hes head expanded massively reading hes own press.Now he knows theres guys like Joyce around who can take it as well as give it,let see what he can do.

Comment

Dubious needs speed, sharpness, head movement & you get Tibbs with Bruno & Whyte on the resume, 2 of the slowest plodding heavyweights of modern times.
          I hope I'm wrong but i see Tibbs as a sideways step.

Comment

I'd like to see him take a few low key fightf overseas before getting back in the main mix.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
              I'll say it again, Derrick James could make this guy into an unbeatable fighter. Just like styles make fights, the right trainer with a certain kinda fighter makes magic. All Dubois will learn in the UK are new ways to get hit. Please come to the US and head over to Dallas and train for just one day with James
              What heavyweight has James trained I am not into this that American trainers are better

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                What heavyweight has James trained I am not into this that American trainers are better
                I hear you. Ask Kell Brook what Derrick James' fighters are like. thats no knock on Kell. Kell is great. James may not have trained a heavyweight. so what? he can tighten Dubois' defense. how to block a damn jab, move his head, the half step back. Tibbs won't help him. Not even close. James would make him like a heavyweight Spence. Dangerous, always aggressive, jabbing a lot better with subtle head movement blocking, slipping & picking off punches, leading and counterpunching effectively and in tip top shape. In the UK, a lot of trainers just say go get him, but they can't teach when, how, and why to do certain things. it's just rough and tumble over there. Ingle is about the best there but Dubois doesn't fit with him either

Comment

Glad he is moving in any direction, if they click it could do the trick. I like when a fighter gets over the last fight and gets back to the ring. This whole got to stay undefeated thing is bad for boxing fans, bad for fighters chance to learn and grow. if you go undefeated by way of not getting challenged and having to look at yourself what good it that. ? it did not used to be a discrace to loose a fight, no one liked it but that just pushed you harder now it is treated like the end for some. Sometimes that is the only way a fighter learns.

Comment

To be honest Dubois should come over to America to train.

Comment

Working...
                    X