Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: I'm Not Disappointed At All; Not Gonna Risk My Life To Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz: I'm Not Disappointed At All; Not Gonna Risk My Life To Make Weight

Joseph Diaz Jr. apologized to DAZN and his fans for failing to make weight Friday for what was supposed to be his first title defense Saturday night. The 28-year-old Diaz admitted that he makes mistakes and will try to learn from those missteps moving forward. Coming in 3 pounds overweight for this 130-pound title fight cost Diaz not only the IBF junior lightweight championship, but a $100,000 fine from his $500,000 purse.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thats mayweathers mindset when he didnt make weight against Marquez

Comment

Then fight in the proper weight class buddy. While you were "protecting" yourself you put your opponent at greater risk.

Comment

Rakhimov seems to have made it in the same conditions.... just sayin'.

At least he apologized, and I get not wanting to put your health at risk when it became obvious you had screwed it up. I am glad the IBF has that second day weigh in. Despite their checkered past, the IBF is the only organization I have an iota of respect for these days.

Comment

What a f@ggot. Hope he moves to his weight class and gets KOed by lightweighter.

Comment

Diaz seems to be saying "I refuse to be a professional" here. He'll risk his life by taking blows to the head for a living, but making weight? It's just too dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Then fight in the proper weight class buddy. While you were "protecting" yourself you put your opponent at greater risk.
              Yes, exŕctly, Diaz wasn't going to risk his life by making the weight he'd contracted and agreed to, but he's risk his opponents by coming in with a distinct size advantage?!

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                Diaz seems to be saying "I refuse to be a professional" here. He'll risk his life by taking blows to the head for a living, but making weight? It's just too dangerous.
                Fan of Diaz as hes from out here in SoCal but I agree. I think it had to do more so with his distractions and lack of professionalism as well. Seem to me there was quite a bit of flab on his body he could have easily cut and made the weight but who's to say. He clearly wasnt in great shape and looked a little lethargic out there,think he could've stopped that guy late in the fight had he been.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Then fight in the proper weight class buddy.
                  This.

If "risking your life" is in play when making weight you're in the wrong division.

Comment

It's funny how a bunch of keyboard warriors out here that that live In there momma's basement are hating on fighters who put their lives on the line everyday, while they spend all day playing Xbox and commenting on this site 20,000 times....

Comment

Working...
                    X