Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mauricio Lara Batters Josh Warrington For Brutal Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mauricio Lara Batters Josh Warrington For Brutal Knockout

Lara, Warrington Fight Photos Gallery - SSE Arena, Wembley - Mauricio Lara (22-2, 15 KOs) pulled off a massive upset as he beat down and knocked out unbeaten former featherweight champion Josh Warrington (30-1, 7 KOs) in the ninth round. (photos by Mark Robinson)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another UK hypejob gets the business and a Yorkie at that! Not surprised.

Comment

Hopefully JW is okay, he wasn't half eating some shots in there while concussed.
      Terrible refereeing and his corner should be ashamed. Not a chance would that not have been stopped as soon as Lara had hit the deck if that was the other way around.

Congrats to Lara I look forward to seeing him again.

Comment

probably long layoff hurt him. hasn't fought since october 2019.

Comment

Never go Toe to toe with a Mexican

Mexicans are Kamikazes they die in the ring.Again another brithish hype

Comment

Wow didn't expect that wipeout. You never know in boxing.

Comment

Good fight

The problem with Warrington is he has a very high energy pressure style, but it’s really difficult to do that when you’re in with a man with heavy hands and is happy to stand there and trade.

Warrington has good wins over the likes of Frampton and Selby, so he’s obviously a good fighter but theirs are styles that probably suit Warrington and his style.

Warrington has a style which is very effective until it’s not and then there is no real plan B. With the style of Warrington, if you taste some power early that you don’t really like and start to become apprehensive and lose that high energy, you become a much lesser fighter when you don’t have different skills to fall back on.

You can’t pressure a good puncher unless it’s done very cleverly.

I don’t even think a rematch would turn out any better. I’m sure inactivity never helped but I think it was just a bad style, Especially in a pretty subdued environment with no belt on the line because he vacated.

Comment

Dam this should of been stopped in the 4th because he was completely out. Ref gave him a chance but it was the wrong decision. I would of also won more money off this fight lol but in all seriousness i thought Warrington was going to lose because of the long lay off and because of the type of fighter he was facing. Too many distractions outside of the ring! He also should of not gave up his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Good fight

The problem with Warrington is he has a very high energy pressure style, but it’s really difficult to do that when you’re in with a man with heavy hands and is happy to stand there and trade.

Warrington has good wins over the likes of Frampton and Selby, so he’s obviously a good fighter but theirs are styles that probably suit Warrington and his style.

Warrington has a style which is very effective until it’s not and then there is no real plan B. With the style of Warrington, if you taste some power early that you don’t really like and start to become apprehensive and lose that high energy, you become a much lesser fighter when you don’t have different skills to fall back on.

You can’t pressure a good puncher unless it’s done very cleverly.

I don’t even think a rematch would turn out any better. I’m sure inactivity never helped but I think it was just a bad style, Especially in a pretty subdued environment with no belt on the line because he vacated.
                  yeah i agree, he should never of fought a guy with power in a tune up thats why i betted against Warrington. If he was more active then i think it would of went better for him.
                  I do think he can win a rematch though.

Comment

Never bet against a Mexican. Never bet on a Brit.

Comment

Working...
                    X