Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castano: I Was Clear Winner Against Lara; I Don't Think He Wanted The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Castano: I Was Clear Winner Against Lara; I Don't Think He Wanted The Rematch

Brian Castano still can't understand how he wasn't declared the winner of his 154-pound title fight against Erislandy Lara. The unbeaten Argentinean contender settled for a split draw with Lara nearly two years ago because only one judge, Kevin Morgan, scored their 12-rounder for Castano (115-113). Another judge, John McKaie, credited Lara with winning seven rounds (115-113).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Winner gets Charlo

Comment

Ehh I had him winning 7-5 but there was nothing clear about that fight (or any Lara fight for that matter)... He threw a lot of punches but didn’t land anything big or clean.

Comment

Hell no. Lara won a VERY boring decision against a guy that was nowhere in his class. That was the fight where Lara barely did anything, but Castano was completely outclassed by Lara's defense.

My Original Scorecard Thread: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=808310

Lara could and should have had him out of there, but he chose to hit half gear and just embarrass the guy.
        Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 02-13-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
          Winner gets Charlo
          I always wanted Lara vs Charlo I’m sure that will be next cuz Lara gets title shots like candy

Comment

Very close fight, but I think Lara deserved it more.

Comment

From what I recall I was pretty convinced Lara won, Castano had ran out of steam

Comment

Nothing clear about that fight Brian. A draw wasn't unreasonable but l really wouldn't have complained if Erislandy had got his hand raised.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Hell no. Lara won a VERY boring decision against a guy that was nowhere in his class. That was the fight where Lara barely did anything, but Castano was completely outclassed by Lara's defense.

My Original Scorecard Thread: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=808310&page=2

Lara could and should have had him out of there, but he chose to hit half gear and just embarrass the guy.
                  Yea then again Lara is like 35 36 and doesn't really have the desire pursue KO's like that anymore, he never did really they just came naturally but he had more spunk from being younger, he was always a defensive guy though otherwise he would have beaten Canelo

Comment

Nah, don’t think anyone has ever been a clear winner over Lara.

Comment

Working...
                    X