Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz's Drama-Filled Year With DUI, Management Issues, Losing Title on Scale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz's Drama-Filled Year With DUI, Management Issues, Losing Title on Scale

By Manouk Akopyan - Joseph Diaz Jr.'s rollercoaster of a year culminated on the scales Friday when he debuted his freshly colored orange hair and blew weight by 3.6 pounds while preparing for his first fight as a world champion against Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov. The match against the mandatory challenger Rakhimov was supposed to be Diaz's first title defense of his 130-po...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn. Didn't realize all of this was going on in the background. Here I had just assumed he outgrew the division but sounds like there were alot of distractions and undisciplined activity going on.

Comment

Undisciplined bastàrd, had the nerve to gloat against Farmer, Diaz needs a scenery change or one day one of his opponents will give him a brutal wake up call an it maybe Rakhimov tomorrow!

Comment

curse of the colored hair. there's never been a fighter who had colored hair who fought consistently, had a good career

Comment

As long as the fight is on, I don't care about his personal life. That's for gossip girls. If he's undisciplined, it's his problem. We'll see it in the ring.

I personally have no outrage whatsoever about missing weight. I'm OK within 10-pound differential in these lower divisions. Screw weight divisions and titles. As long as the fighters agree, it's all good in my book.

Comment

War JoJo!

Comment

A real LOSER in more ways than one...

Comment

Missing weight should trigger a second day weight check for the offender.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  As long as the fight is on, I don't care about his personal life. That's for gossip girls. If he's undisciplined, it's his problem. We'll see it in the ring.

I personally have no outrage whatsoever about missing weight. I'm OK within 10-pound differential in these lower divisions. Screw weight divisions and titles. As long as the fighters agree, it's all good in my book.
                  Basically this.

A lot of posters have no idea what they are talking about. If we’re talking about the integrity TO KEEP the belt because you’re a fan of Jo Jo is one thing, but if not, this is actually a neutral thing.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that Diaz chose not to continue draining. He said multiple times that his body in particular shriveled like a prune with muscular dystrophy when trying to make weight with GRJ. I’ll take his word for it. Usually with in-house fights fighters agree to non disclosure for rehydration PED use to counter the effects. Take Top Rank with Brandon Rios vs Alvarado. Those guys were morbidly drained beyond what we see today, but because Arum controlled a complete in house event the public doesn’t know about it and the fighters of course like the idea if there no consequence. But when it’s GBP vs Matchroom or GBp vs Haymon (GRJ) you can’t get away with those things.

Think of it like this. It simply means Jo Jo Diaz doesn’t have to regain 3+ for the rehydration. That’s actually cool under the discretion of Jo Jo Diaz. If he wants to perform tip top and give a show he chose this route.

Tbh, I would’ve preferred a defense, but NsB girls complain about weight draining and advantages they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Comment

Boxing scene is always doing these obsessive gossipy type articles on Goldenboy related fighters..

The bias is pretty pathetic

Comment

Working...
                    X