Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin-Prospere, Gago-McDonnell Double on March 26. DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin-Prospere, Gago-McDonnell Double on March 26. DAZN

Junior welterweight contender Sandor Martin will face Kay Prospere of England on March 26, Matchroom Boxing announced Thursday. The 12-round bout will take place at the Pabellon de la Vall d'Hebron in Martin's hometown of Barcelona, Spain. The fight, along with the 12-round featherweight bout between Andoni Gago and Gavin McDonnell, will stream live on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Knew McDonnell/Gago was coming, had surmised that one from one of Hearn's interviews. Did not expect Prospere to be the Brit that got the shot at Martin though. That's a massive step up to go from fighting for the English title to going on the road to fight for the European title. Very excited to see who the opponents will be for Garcia and Lejarraga. I need to see Lejarraga vs Eggington before I die

Comment

I'm just waiting for dazn germany cards.
      Make German boxing great(good) again.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        I'm just waiting for dazn germany cards.
        Make German boxing great(good) again.
        Yeah, it's shocking how far Germany has fallen down the hierarchy of boxing countries. Better stuff coming out of Spain, France, Italy and Poland than Germany right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          Yeah, it's shocking how far Germany has fallen down the hierarchy of boxing countries. Better stuff coming out of Spain, France, Italy and Poland than Germany right now.
          There was some hope when universum came back under a new management and secured a deal with ARD (or ZDF not sure), a big public channel who in the past has shown boxing.
          Then corona happened. Very unlucky.

There is of course a lack of proper world level talent, but the lack of money that is put into boxing, makes it very difficult to make a comeback for german boxing.

Comment

Erm.....who? Edward has definitely found his level...

Comment

I'm amazed Prosper got this fight over Lewis Ritson , maybe it's a sign of the times (Covid) If Dalton Smith & Hopey Price get though this week it would be nice to see them on the undercard along with John Hegdes who's due a run out.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Erm.....who? Edward has definitely found his level...
                There he is again. Lol.
                What he does in countries like italy and Spain who dont have a proper boxing culture and infrastructure benefits the sport a lot and makes it more global.

Of course those are regional fights, but it gives a chance for the sport to gain interest and develop in those particular countries.

I still dont get your unreasonable hate for hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  There he is again. Lol.
                  What he does in countries like italy and Spain who dont have a proper boxing culture and infrastructure benefits the sport a lot and makes it more global.

Of course those are regional fights, but it gives a chance for the sport to gain interest and develop in those particular countries.

I still dont get your unreasonable hate for hearn.
                  I've heard that Whyte/Povetkin II could be in Gibraltar.

Comment

Working...
                  X