No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teixeira-Castano: The Round Robin Expands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teixeira-Castano: The Round Robin Expands

By Cliff Rold - What's the old saying about a bird in the hand? There are more than two in boxing's bushes. Anyone who engages in boxing fandom beyond just regularly watching fights hears or reads about them all the time. What isn't happening can often feel like the most important thing in the sport. It's not. This Saturday (DAZN, 8 PM EST), boxing fans have a...
    [Click Here To Read More]

There is no watching Castano-Teixeira in a vacuum. The question is there before the opening bell: will the winner seek to unify?

Probably not. Unless the Charlo bros co-headline another PPV, the WBO is coming to Queens-Land.

Comment

I expect a good brawl between these two B level guys.

The southpaw Teixeira is much taller with a longer reach, but he cuts easily and has several flaws. The warrior Castano is strong mentally and physically, he is also a better fighter overall.

El Boxi by close decision

Comment

I'm leaning towards Castano proving a little stronger down the stretch, although admittedly I haven't seen much of Texiera.

Comment

I love how the PBC fighters can go to any promotion and network for fights if they want....and they never demand that a top rank, golden boy, or slaveroom fighter sign with them and fight on their network if they challenge a pbc fighter. Haymon didn’t try to own Fury’s career even before he was with top rank. He didn’t try to make Fury sign with pbc, didn’t ridicule him in the press, Haymon just made the deal and the fighters did all the fighting and the TALKING

Comment

First off.... A pet peeve I may be completely alone on, but I HATE referring to divisions with the "JR" moniker instead of "Super". This is NOT the JR MW, these are grown men putting their bodies on the line. It seems disrespectful in some strange way to me. This is the Super Welterweight division. I realize one of the 1,000 existing organizations use the designation, but to me it is just nails on a chalkboard. I have no idea why it bothers so much, just does.

But I do love the fights in this division. It is one of the deepest in talent, and is full of guys who will risk their records and then come back motivated if they lose to avenge it. It reminds me why I do love this sport more than it annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeboxeo View Post
              I expect a good brawl between these two B level guys.

The southpaw Teixeira is much taller with a longer reach, but he cuts easily and has several flaws. The warrior Castano is strong mentally and physically, he is also a better fighter overall.

El Boxi by close decision

Let's not judge them as B level just yet. Castana beat Deravyanchenko in the World Series of Boxing and arguably deserved a win against Lara. That puts him in pretty good company. Not saying he is a 'great', but he would give any of the other 154 pounders a very difficult night.

Comment

This will be a very entertaining scrap. I’m giving the edge to Castano, but I could be proven wrong.

Comment

The winner vs Charlo for undisputed is all I want to hear about afterward. Let Tzuyu keep fighting the Hogans on the weight class and if he really wants to step up let him fight Lubin or Jrock or Hurd maybe even Fundora which would be good for two prospects

Comment

Working...
                  X