No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios Starts Training Camp With Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios Starts Training Camp With Virgil Hunter

Undefeated WBA Super Lightweight Champion, Mario "El Azteca" Barrios (26-0, 17 KOs), has arrived in Hayward, California, to start training camp with coach Virgil Hunter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully he fights Regis next

Comment

Barrios needs to rematch Akhmedov. He got a gift in that fight.

Comment

Alberto Puello or Regis Prograis

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          They definitely need to run it back. Akhmedov is more than willing to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
            They definitely need to run it back. Akhmedov is more than willing to do it again.
            It was a good fight too. I’d like to see that one again.

Comment

Regis Prograis...MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Whatever happened to this?

WBA orders rematch between Mario Barrios, Batyr Akhmedov

October 12, 2019:

Junior welterweight contender Batyr Akhmedov has gotten his wish for the WBA to order a rematch of his controversial decision loss to Mario Barrios for a vacant secondary junior welterweight world title.

The WBA has ordered them to meet in an immediate rematch and given the camps 30 days to negotiate a deal. If no deal is reached, the sanctioning organization will hold a purse bid, with the promotional rights to the bout going to the highest bidder.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...batyr-akhmedov

That was OCTOBER 2019! Like I've been saying: The WBA is the worst!!!

Comment

Still remember Mario Barrios face after that fight Jesus I thought his face was totally broken

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Whatever happened to this?

WBA orders rematch between Mario Barrios, Batyr Akhmedov

October 12, 2019:

Junior welterweight contender Batyr Akhmedov has gotten his wish for the WBA to order a rematch of his controversial decision loss to Mario Barrios for a vacant secondary junior welterweight world title.

The WBA has ordered them to meet in an immediate rematch and given the camps 30 days to negotiate a deal. If no deal is reached, the sanctioning organization will hold a purse bid, with the promotional rights to the bout going to the highest bidder.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...batyr-akhmedov

That was OCTOBER 2019! Like I've been saying: The WBA is the worst!!!
                    You know what man, I was gonna say in my OP I’m sure a rematch was mooted at some point. Can’t say I’m surprised the WBA hasn’t followed it up.

The WBC and WBA are making a mockery of the sport these days. The IBF and WBO are far from perfect but at least they only have one belt and actually follow their own rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X