Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington: Gary Russell Thinks He's Mayweather, Trying To Get Payday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington: Gary Russell Thinks He's Mayweather, Trying To Get Payday

Josh Warrington has shot back at the recent statements from WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr. As BoxingScene.com previously reported, Russell was insulted by an offer of $1 million, from promoter Eddie Hearn, for a fight with Warrington.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How much does Gary Russell Jr typically make for his fights?

$1 million seems like a good offer.

Comment

I always take with a grain of salt when i do not hear the other side even if it is perennially inactive GRJ we are talking about.

Comment

Apparently he makes more than that which is surprising.

Comment

Russel's take home pay for a fight a year I'm guessing is around 500K. I hope he is investing it because he will need that for the future since boxing wont be there forever. He should be a trainer later in life. But he needs to be fighting 3 times a year. He should not end up broke when he still has time to make a bunch of fights but once a year doesn't cut it.

Comment

. . . . and meanwhile, Warrington vacates his title in order to fight who??? instead of his mandatory . . .

Comment

Josh Warrington, Shakur Stevenson did not play your waiting games, you stood firm on your decision to instead fight Xu Can, then Can made you look like a fool by walking-out on you, and left you in a hard place when the IBF called for a rematch vs. Kid Ghalad. Then you once again embarrassed and exposed yourself for being a chicken, in vacating your world-title.

Now you made Gary Russell jr. go back into his hole. You are a idiot, we are laughing at you, Warrington!

When Kid Ghalad wins the IBF maybe you will crawl back to him and beg for a shot. Maybe the WBC ranks you now that you are not a champion, maybe the WBC calls another unfavorable order by making you participate in a eliminator for Russell's featherweight title

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Russel's take home pay for a fight a year I'm guessing is around 500K. I hope he is investing it because he will need that for the future since boxing wont be there forever. He should be a trainer later in life. But he needs to be fighting 3 times a year. He should not end up broke when he still has time to make a bunch of fights but once a year doesn't cut it.
                100% correct! Sadly, it won't change.
                He fights once a year because he's been investing since day one. He basically doesn't care and will fight when he feels like it. He's looking for a big $ fight because more is better, that it that's all.

Comment

Lame. Russell needs to get checked, I don't understand why he's got an inflated ego, I get it and I get satisfaction of watching these types get smashed. I'm a hater I admit lol he's too inactive and cautious about the fights he takes

Comment

Still waiting on a fight to happen between these two guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X