Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas Will Stay Busy Until World Title Opportunity Comes Around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas Will Stay Busy Until World Title Opportunity Comes Around

Big Puncher Oscar Rivas is in Canada, where he's training hard to fulfill his dream of being a world champion in the heavyweight division. Rivas is planning to stay busy until a good opportunity comes long for a world title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's been promoted in Canada that it already is for the first Bridger weight title his next fight in march..

Comment

Forgot about Rivas. Ruiz Vs Rivas would be cool.

Comment

It is a waste of time fight. He should fight Simon Kean instead of a guy who has been retired for 5 years. That is probably the best matchup they could make in Quebec right now.

Comment

What the hell has Rivas done since losing to Dillian Whyte and then signing with Top Rank? Yvon michel should of at least got him 2/3 keep busy fights over this period like Joe strong just posted Simon Kean would of been a good domestic match up

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            It is a waste of time fight. He should fight Simon Kean instead of a guy who has been retired for 5 years. That is probably the best matchup they could make in Quebec right now.
            You think boxing would be bigger here if it there wasn't so much soft matchmaking? I know there's only really a big scene in MTL or out east, but you guy make some stuff happen in Alberta too despite laws trying to make it next to impossible...

I usually expect awful mismatches on these French cards and was surprised Steven Butler was upset recently. Looked like a gimme fight but they either picked the wrong cherry or he was looking on to bigger brighter things. Maybe both.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
              You think boxing would be bigger here if it there wasn't so much soft matchmaking? I know there's only really a big scene in MTL or out east, but you guy make some stuff happen in Alberta too despite laws trying to make it next to impossible...

I usually expect awful mismatches on these French cards and was surprised Steven Butler was upset recently. Looked like a gimme fight but they either picked the wrong cherry or he was looking on to bigger brighter things. Maybe both.
              Our headliner here is the WBC female champion Jelena Mdjrnovich. We have nothing else here. Tye Fields fought out of here for a few years but only hosted 2 decent fights here the rest of his fights were mismatches. He also lost to Wach & Grant when he left town to fight. We really have nothing here but a couple domestic level HWs & nothing more. Journeymen light HW Ryan Ford usually fights overseas. We just really have nothing out here.

Comment

Michel's top guys have gone out the door, not much left for him to use, Eye of The Tiger Management is where it's at. Their cards are always bangers and pre-covid, the crowds were raucous

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Our headliner here is the WBC female champion Jelena Mdjrnovich. We have nothing else here. Tye Fields fought out of here for a few years but only hosted 2 decent fights here the rest of his fights were mismatches. He also lost to Wach & Grant when he left town to fight. We really have nothing here but a couple domestic level HWs & nothing more. Journeymen light HW Ryan Ford usually fights overseas. We just really have nothing out here.
                  Yeah I know of Ryan Ford and Jelena even more so. I caught her last fight on Ring City. She seems to be showing her age but it was a well fought win. She has a pretty decent career as a veteran in the young sport that is female pro boxing. I've never seen any other other female boxer ice someone like that one highlight reel KO she has in Edmonton there. Not trying to overhype your region but I can't even think of any pros at all from BC.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                    Yeah I know of Ryan Ford and Jelena even more so. I caught her last fight on Ring City. She seems to be showing her age but it was a well fought win. She has a pretty decent career as a veteran in the young sport that is female pro boxing. I've never seen any other other female boxer ice someone like that one highlight reel KO she has in Edmonton there. Not trying to overhype your region but I can't even think of any pros at all from BC.
                    Heavyweight Adam Braidwood from BC. He used to play for The Edmonton Eskimos then went to jail. Did a few MMA fights & is most known for the fight where his opponent died. Simon Kean took him out in a few rounds. He is near 37 I think & hasn’t been active.

Comment

Working...
                    X