Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith on 'Direct, Simple and Predictable' Path to 175-Pound Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith on 'Direct, Simple and Predictable' Path to 175-Pound Title

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's the stuff of which bulletin-board vendettas are made. Usually. Asked to assess the man he'll fight Saturday for the WBO's light heavyweight title, Russian export Maxim Vlasov labeled imminent foe Joe Smith Jr. as direct, simple, and predictable. In all fairness, the specific words came from an English-speaking interpreter's lips on an export...

[Click Here To Read More]

Smith, guy that knocked Hopkins out of the ring and out of boxing.

Comment

Hope he wins the title on Saturday, an inspiration to blue collar workers around the world

Comment

He looked really good against Alvarez, better than I figured he'd be capable after the losses to Barrera and Bivol.He's a dangerous out for anyone in the division right now. Still, even if he wins and picks up the vacant WBO strap, he'd still have to go through Beterbiev and / or Bivol to become the man in the division, and I feel like that'd be a bridge too far.

Comment

Lets go Joe!!!

Comment

What's not to like about this fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              He looked really good against Alvarez, better than I figured he'd be capable after the losses to Barrera and Bivol.He's a dangerous out for anyone in the division right now. Still, even if he wins and picks up the vacant WBO strap, he'd still have to go through Beterbiev and / or Bivol to become the man in the division, and I feel like that'd be a bridge too far.
              Still would like to see the Beterbiev fight. Joe can hit and he would atleast try to test Beterbievs chin. Beterbiev went down against a lesser fighter.

Comment

Hope Smith wins a belt. I like the way he fights..entertaining.

He and Beterbiev would be a can't miss fight.

Comment

Smith is easy to root for it would be nice to see him win a belt

Comment

This is a good one. Vlasov is not a walk in the park. We will see how Joe deals with him.
                    Last edited by DFM; 02-09-2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X