Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Begins Rebuilding Process With Change in Personnel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Begins Rebuilding Process With Change in Personnel

By Tris Dixon - Daniel Dubois will have a new trainer when he returns to the ring after having parted company with Martin Bowers. It's thought that Mark Tibbs could be in pole-position to take the reins but Bowers will have a say as he has just under three years to run on his managerial contract with Dubois. The young heavyweight lost for the first time in 16 fights when stopped by J...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The road to recovery/re build so to speak only time will tell if this will be beneficial or disastrous result wise, A lot off people in the boxing community be it fighters or fans etc will give Dubois a lot off abuse/stick over time given what happened in his loss to Joyce....

Whether it was the right thing to do or not is beyond me shit getting hit that many times with a swollen eye/fractures is not something easy at all to over come..

Comment

It’s obvious that there are some exploitable weaknesses in his game namely head movement and defence. Those will have to improve moving forward

Comment

Tibbs will get him going

Comment

Tibbs- Bowers; same Camden Town crew anyways . . .

Comment

Kid doesnt fix his defense, it wont matter who his trainer is. Same plan, same result.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
              The road to recovery/re build so to speak only time will tell if this will be beneficial or disastrous result wise, A lot off people in the boxing community be it fighters or fans etc will give Dubois a lot off abuse/stick over time given what happened in his loss to Joyce....

Whether it was the right thing to do or not is beyond me shit getting hit that many times with a swollen eye/fractures is not something easy at all to over come..
              Yeah it will be interesting to see how how Dubois reacts to this defeat. It requires mental strength and intelligence to learn from your mistakes and come back stronger. We'll see if Dubois has what it takes.

Comment

First of all, this is a classy way to handle this. Kudos to Bowers. Hopefully his reputation will grow positively for helping his fighter even if he loses him.

Secondly, only in boxing is a legit injury a reason to question someone's heart. If a track athlete rips an Achilles tendon during a race, does anyone question his heat for stopping? Dubois could not see. He was wise to call it on a fight he was obviously losing. I did pick him to beat Joyce, and I still think Dubois has the ability to be a top end player in the HW division. Maybe not a champ, but he certainly can be in the "B" level category and have a few big, fun years left in him with an upset or two in his future. Maybe a Povetkin type of career. Hope the trainer change is what he needs.

Comment

This Bowers said they got him good sparring & good game plan set around nullifying Joyce’s jab. He then said Dubois didn’t follow anything they planned & had no head movement. He said it wasn’t a hard game plan to follow. Not sure the trainer is the problem here. Today’s fighters throwing their trainers under the bus after one loss.

Comment

I don't think he missed one of Joyce's jabs all night. I thought he was being 'brave' & thought jabs can't hurt you but they were breaking him down. DDD is still young but he's quite old to be being told to move his head !

Comment

Working...
                    X