Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas vs. Sylvera Louis in Play For March 16 in Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas vs. Sylvera Louis in Play For March 16 in Quebec

Promoter Yvon Michel of Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) is finally getting ready to stage a show in Canada. According to Mathieu Boulay of the Montreal Journal, Michel will be able to stage a boxing gala on March 16 at the Hotel Plaza de Quebec.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should sack his managers look at this he has been forgotten

Comment

Difficult to organize fights in Quebec for the moment. We have been living with a curfew (8pm) for a month now.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        He should sack his managers look at this he has been forgotten
        As Joe Boxeo said. Quebec is under curfew (8pm). Quebec has a great boxing scene. Adonis Stevenson, Lucien Bute & Jean Pascal all headlines arena shows for years. The Canadian Government & Quebec provincial gov’t have been very strict when it comes to sporting events. Combat sports have been a no go plus the travel restrictions here are pretty tough. 14 day quarantine mandatory but you also have to stay in a government regulated hotel on your own dime on arrival. You can’t leave until you get results. If positive shipped off to a government facility until further notice. The Blue Jays will be playing their home games in Dunedin, Florida as are the Toronto Raptors. The NHL made an all Canadian division & won’t go south until deep in the playoffs. The promoter is not the problem. The gov’t has totally shut out combat sports in the province of quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Promoter Yvon Michel of Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM) is finally getting ready to stage a show in Canada. According to Mathieu Boulay of the Montreal Journal, Michel will be able to stage a boxing gala on March 16 at the Hotel Plaza de Quebec.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Anyone care to explain how rivas jumped up rankings into top 10, after a loss?

Guessing this was to make hype job dillian whyte resume look better. After his horrible performance against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
            Anyone care to explain how rivas jumped up rankings into top 10, after a loss?

Guessing this was to make hype job dillian whyte resume look better. After his horrible performance against him.
            He's ranked first of Bridgeweight class** not HW.

Don't agree with your opinion, Rivas did well against a guy who tested positive for PEDs BEFORE the fight. He send him to the canvas with a strong uppercut ; no wonder why he never stand up against a similar uppercut vs Povetkin. He has oscar blueprint.

Hate him or not, he'll be the first Bridgeweight champion of all time

Comment

Originally posted by gspm23 View Post
              He's ranked first of Bridgeweight class** not HW.

Don't agree with your opinion, Rivas did well against a guy who tested positive for PEDs BEFORE the fight. He send him to the canvas with a strong uppercut ; no wonder why he never stand up against a similar uppercut vs Povetkin. He has oscar blueprint.

Hate him or not, he'll be the first Bridgeweight champion of all time
              Neither Whyte or rivas, should be in top 10. I'd fancy rivas in a rematch, ultimately he was too small for heavy weight, which is probably why Whyte chose to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                As Joe Boxeo said. Quebec is under curfew (8pm). Quebec has a great boxing scene. Adonis Stevenson, Lucien Bute & Jean Pascal all headlines arena shows for years. The Canadian Government & Quebec provincial gov’t have been very strict when it comes to sporting events. Combat sports have been a no go plus the travel restrictions here are pretty tough. 14 day quarantine mandatory but you also have to stay in a government regulated hotel on your own dime on arrival. You can’t leave until you get results. If positive shipped off to a government facility until further notice. The Blue Jays will be playing their home games in Dunedin, Florida as are the Toronto Raptors. The NHL made an all Canadian division & won’t go south until deep in the playoffs. The promoter is not the problem. The gov’t has totally shut out combat sports in the province of quebec.
                It sucks. My cousin's husband is from Quebec and they moved to Florida a couple years ago. They have been to a couple Panthers games this season. I will definitely miss the Jays games.

Comment

Damn, bringing Louis out of retirement after all these years for this rematch When things are back to normalish in Canada, I really hope we get to see Rivas vs Takam in Quebec. That **** would be wild!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Damn, bringing Louis out of retirement after all these years for this rematch When things are back to normalish in Canada, I really hope we get to see Rivas vs Takam in Quebec. That **** would be wild!!
                    That’s what i thought but what i don’t get is why not Simon Kean? Rivas has 2 names on his resume. Jennings & Whyte. Jennings was ahead on all cards until the 12th rd stoppage similar to Froch stopping Taylor. Rivas pretty much has lost most rounds in his step up fights. Kean avenged the Carman upset but that hurts his rep for sure. This would be a decent fight to make. Kean is in the top 50 i think so it is a lot better than fighting Louis...

Comment

Working...
                    X