Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Saunders, Ramirez-Taylor: May 8 Shaping Up To Be Blockbuster Boxing Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Saunders, Ramirez-Taylor: May 8 Shaping Up To Be Blockbuster Boxing Day

Cinco De Mayo weekend is one of the most coveted dates on the boxing calendar. In addition to Mexican Independence Day weekend, the date is typically commanded by the sport's biggest breadwinner. More recently, Floyd Mayweather Jr. made the May holiday a customary fixture for his pay per view dates from 2007 to 2015, fighting around the holiday six times, but never once after May 5.
    [Click Here To Read More]

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Comment

Who's promoting Taylor-Ramirez? I really hope they change their date. I want to watch both full cards.

Comment

I believe Arum booked May 8 a couple of weeks before the Saunders fight was finalized. In the end, Saul is more popular, BUT his fight is by far a forgone conclusion, and the card is weak af.... The Ramirez/Taylor fight is damn near evenly competitive and a foty contender. Havent heard about the undercard fights yet
        Last edited by El_Mero; 02-02-2021, 07:05 PM.

Comment

They used to have HUGE fights during the Weekdays, Example pretty Sure Leonard VS Hagler was on a Weekday, why do they alll have to be on Saturday Now, They could have one card on May 5th Which I believe is a Wednesday and the other fight could be on Saturday, fans will watch it on any day, and the Celebs would attend big fights whatever day it is.

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
            They used to have HUGE fights during the Weekdays, Example pretty Sure Leonard VS Hagler was on a Weekday, why do they alll have to be on Saturday Now, They could have one card on May 5th Which I believe is a Wednesday and the other fight could be on Saturday, fans will watch it on any day, and the Celebs would attend big fights whatever day it is.
            Looked it up Hagler VS Leonard was on a Monday April 6th 1987.

Comment

Tart-Tomato! The day of reckoning has finally arrived! The days of weight-bullying the 140 pound class are over. Lets see you try to manhandle the unified jr. welterweight champion of the world, Jose Ramirez!

Josh Taylor is getting a boxing lesson and knocked-out. Kiss your belts goodbye, Taylor!

Comment

Could care less if these two events are on the same day. Canelo is most likely gonna beat the breaks off BJS, so I’ll be prioritizing the SLW undisputed matchup. As I assume most hardcore fans would as well.

Comment

if they go head to head, I'm watching Taylor-Ramirez.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Tart-Tomato! The day of reckoning has finally arrived! The days of weight-bullying the 140 pound class are over. Lets see you try to manhandle the unified jr. welterweight champion of the world, Jose Ramirez!

Josh Taylor is getting a boxing lesson and knocked-out. Kiss your belts goodbye, Taylor!
                    I like Ramirez but he isnt really some ko artist. I see more of a back and forth type fight. The first one to tire, imo, loses.

Comment

Working...
                    X