Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jason Moloney Wants Gaballo-Rodriguez Winner, Feels He'd Beat Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jason Moloney Wants Gaballo-Rodriguez Winner, Feels He'd Beat Both

Australia's Jason "Mayhem" Moloney, 21-2, was last in the ring on Halloween night against Japan's Naoya Inoue, one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in boxing. The fight earned the pair the (JBC) Japanese Boxing Commission's Fight of The Year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comeon JBC how was this fight of the year / better than Ioka vs Tanaka? Or did it not count cause NYE and didn't make it under the wire in time?

Comment

Moloney versus Rodriguez would be a nice matchup in my opinion. Both are skilled fighters with some shortcomings to their games.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        Comeon JBC how was this fight of the year / better than Ioka vs Tanaka? Or did it not count cause NYE and didn't make it under the wire in time?
        I was asking myself the same thing. Ioka was given the technique award, but his fight with Tanaka definitely should’ve been named FOTY by the JBC.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          Moloney versus Rodriguez would be a nice matchup in my opinion. Both are skilled fighters with some shortcomings to their games.
          They already fought. Moloney lost.

Why does Moloney deserve the winner? His last fight is a KO loss

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

Damn, your right and that completely slipped my mind (which is bad because I actually saw that fight). I think I tend to get him and his brother and their careers/opponents mixed up from time to time. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

As to why he deserves a title fight, he probably doesn't but sanctioning bodies don't typically take "deserves" into account.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

I mean it's a decent match still he lost a close SD to Manny in a fight that could have gone either way. Yeah he lost by KO in his last fight, it was to the same guy that had starched Rodriguez even quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                I mean it's a decent match still he lost a close SD to Manny in a fight that could have gone either way. Yeah he lost by KO in his last fight, it was to the same guy that had starched Rodriguez even quicker.
                Inoue has reason to starched Rodriguez faster than Moloney. Rodriguez's coach disrespected Inoue's father.

Comment

NOT Fight of the Year

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Because it wasn't! You are absolutely right: Ioka vs. Tanaka won world title fight of the year. Non-title fight of the year winner was Nakatani vs. Verdejo. Naoya Inoue won the MVP award.

It's all right here:

https://www.asianboxing.info/asian-n...ners-announced

"The best world title bout bout of the year was the brilliant WBO Super Flyweight title bout between Kazuto Ioka and Kosei Tanaka (15-1, 9) [田中恒成], which took place on New Year's Eve and delivered a truly brilliant battle."

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post
                    Because it wasn't! You are absolutely right: Ioka vs. Tanaka won world title fight of the year. Non-title fight of the year winner was Nakatani vs. Verdejo. Naoya Inoue won the MVP award.

It's all right here:

https://www.asianboxing.info/asian-n...ners-announced

"The best world title bout bout of the year was the brilliant WBO Super Flyweight title bout between Kazuto Ioka and Kosei Tanaka (15-1, 9) [田中恒成], which took place on New Year's Eve and delivered a truly brilliant battle."
                    Thanks you always pop up in these Japanese threads to give valuable info. So is this article wrong or is that a different award?

I like how they give out a Effort/Fighting award too.

Comment

Working...
                    X