Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joey Spencer Drops Isiah Seldon Twice, Scores First-Round Knockout On FOX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joey Spencer Drops Isiah Seldon Twice, Scores First-Round Knockout On FOX

Joey Spencer knocked out Isiah Seldon almost as fast Saturday night as Mike Tyson knocked out Seldon's father, Bruce, in their heavyweight title fight 24 years ago. Spencer dropped Seldon twice in the opening round before referee Jerry Cantu stopped their scheduled eight-round middleweight match just two minutes and 15 seconds into it. An emotional Seldon protested Cantu's stoppage, but Spencer overpowered him and seemed well on his way to a worse knockout in a fight FOX aired as part of the Caleb Plant-Caleb Truax undercard at Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Seldon inherited the glass whiskers from his dad

Comment

Wasted fight, not impressive enough, and less instructive. Joey tends to slow down, not even late, and when forced to work. I don't know any contender, that I think he can walk through. He needs a little more work.

Comment

That ref seemed like he wanted to take k.o. Seldom also after the way he was protesting to the ending of the fight back in his corner.

Comment

Seldon looked like a complete clown in there. Those shots to the back of the head were totally uncalled for, should have been DQ'd on the spot.

Comment

Spencer hits Seldon, Seldon nods his head like Broner as if to say "You didn't hurt me", then Spencer knocks him out with his next punch.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Spencer hits Seldon, Seldon nods his head like Broner as if to say "You didn't hurt me", then Spencer knocks him out with his next punch.
              It annoys me when they nod their head. Mayweather does it and canelo got it from him.

I hope spencer fights someone better next time. He could fight again next month he didn't take any punishment

Comment

PBC is horrible

They have decent prospects but put them in matches that don't seem right. Of the boxing networks, I much prefer DAZN. I subscribed to the yearly rate even before Canelo signed with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post
                  They have decent prospects but put them in matches that don't seem right. Of the boxing networks, I much prefer DAZN. I subscribed to the yearly rate even before Canelo signed with them.
                  I kinda agree with this. There's something about the PBC matchmaking in general that seems "off" to me. I feel like it's not as subtle and competitive fights happen more by accident then by intention.

Comment

Yes the last 2-3 years have been nothing short of disappointing! I had high hopes for them since I thought that if 1 guy is in charge, that he can make the fights that make sense. Hasn't been the case recently at all. Mismatch after mismatch, wasted career after wasted career

Comment

Working...
                    X