Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beibut Shumenov Stripped Of WBA Cruiserweight Title, Elevates Ryad Merhy To Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beibut Shumenov Stripped Of WBA Cruiserweight Title, Elevates Ryad Merhy To Champion

The WBA continued playing musical chairs with its titlists Friday when the organization stripped inactive secondary cruiserweight champion Beibut Shumenov of his crown. Instead, the WBA promoted interim cruiserweight titlist Ryad Merhy (29-1, 24 KOs) to "regular" champion status. Merhy must now face Yuniel Dorticos in his next bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh, the WBA cares about being inactive now?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Only for certain fighters, you see.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I guess 4 years is where they draw the line lol? I don't even know anymore this is all pretty disgusting.

Comment

Do your worst "WBA". The people know Beibut will always be the real champion.

Comment

Broken clock tells the right time twice a day

Comment

Hasnt fought in two years...how many fighters get to hold on to a title they havent defended in two years??????

Comment

I thought that guy retired. I hadn't heard anything about him since he lost a dreadful fight to old man Hopkins.

Looking at his boxrec, maybe I saw the fight with BJ Flores also, idk.

Comment

How was Beibut Shumenov a champion?

Comment

They should require belt holders to either defend the title within a year or get fined. I mean they fine them each time they do actually fight after all. (sanctioning fees).
                    or better,
                    Only collect sanctioning fees for every 6 months of inactivity. Not each defense of the title.

Comment

Working...
                    X