Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teixeira on Castano: It's a Tough Fight, But My Skills Are Superior

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teixeira on Castano: It's a Tough Fight, But My Skills Are Superior

WBO junior middleweight world champion Patrick Texieira understands the extra value of his fight against Brian Castano, not only because he will defend his title, but because the whole country of Brazil will be attentive to his performance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Since Crawford is the WBO champ at 147, I'd like to see him challenge the winner of this fight for the 154 WBO belt if he can't get the 147 guys to fight him.

Comment

Didn't know brazil and Argentina had a rivalry .
      Really hoping for teixeira to pull of an upset but seems unlikely

Comment

I’ve met and spoken to Patrick before, very personable young man from a country that I love visiting as much as possible and I wish would put out more boxers. The favelas could be the perfect breeding grounds for future boxers.....poverty, lack of running water, social disenfranchisement of the people, wish they would lose the Luta Livre and Capoeira Angola and embrace the sweet science.
        In any event, I hope the best for that young man but I have a feeling the young Argentinian will take it

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
          Didn't know brazil and Argentina had a rivalry .
          Really hoping for teixeira to pull of an upset but seems unlikely
          It's a soccer rivalry more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            I’ve met and spoken to Patrick before, very personable young man from a country that I love visiting as much as possible and I wish would put out more boxers. The favelas could be the perfect breeding grounds for future boxers.....poverty, lack of running water, social disenfranchisement of the people, wish they would lose the Luta Livre and Capoeira Angola and embrace the sweet science.
            In any event, I hope the best for that young man but I have a feeling the young Argentinian will take it
            We are improving in the amateurs but there's not much money and fights available in the pro circuit to achieve that. So we do have some good fighters here and there but not as much. Boxing is not a nationwide sport since brazilians usually only follows sports while brazilians are doing fine at it. Right now there's Teixeira, Falcão Brothers and Conceição and none of them are good as Freitas was or they even come close to the great Eder Jofre.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_p View Post
              We are improving in the amateurs but there's not much money and fights available in the pro circuit to achieve that. So we do have some good fighters here and there but not as much. Boxing is not a nationwide sport since brazilians usually only follows sports while brazilians are doing fine at it. Right now there's Teixeira, Falcão Brothers and Conceição and none of them are good as Freitas was or they even come close to the great Eder Jofre.
              Acelino “Popo” Freitas, legendary punching power. The Falcao brothers arnt bad, they are clearly contender level and I suspect at least one of them will make it to championship level, don’t know how successful they will be. I’ve been to the favelas in Rio and Florianopolis and I couldn’t help but to think that boxing gyms in the ones I went to would have discovered some real talent.
              I was supposed to go there again in 2020 but the pandemic shut down the conference. If the conference is back on for 2021, I will be back again in Rio again for a week. Hopefully o can catch some sweet science while we are there

Comment

Seems like we've been waiting for this one for ages... Hope it will be as good as it seems on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
                  Since Crawford is the WBO champ at 147, I'd like to see him challenge the winner of this fight for the 154 WBO belt if he can't get the 147 guys to fight him.
                  Wasn't Danny Garcia talking about moving up for the winner of this since there nothing for him at 147 anymore??

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_p View Post
                    Teixeira is honestly a good fighter he had one bad loss to Curtis Stevens but he was young in his career fighting a solid puncher he showed against Caballo he is durable and has a lot of determination made me a fan that night and he is not going to be a walkthrough for anybody.

I favor Castano but I feel this is going to be a really good fight and wouldn't be surprised if Patrick was able to retain his title as well. I'm not too high on Conceicao I thought he lost his last fight even though he showed a lot of heart but the one to look out for is Esquiva Falcao he was sparring the Uzbek Kovalev was supposed to fight and was doing pretty well at the RGBA the other day.

Comment

Working...
                    X