No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Refused To Recognize Xu Can as WBA Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: IBF Refused To Recognize Xu Can as WBA Champion

Josh Warrington's fight with Xu Can collapsed after the IBF refused to recognize the Chinese boxer as WBA featherweight champion. Can holds the WBA's "regular" title, while Leo Santa Cruz is their "super" champion. The WBA's failure to upgrade Can to the senior belt after Santa Cruz boxed Gervonta Davis at super-featherweight led to the IBF refusing to sanction a Warrington-Can fight as a unification.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The IBF refused to acknowledge a secondary title?

Good.

Comment

Its good they dont acknowledge the secondary title but why not still give him a shot. He's better than that bum santa cruz

Comment

If Can is not recodnized as a champion by IBF then what rank does he have among IBF??? You can't have it both!

Comment

I gave up on trying to follow these Belts just too much noise or games whatever you want to call it. I have seen several Warington stories he has been angry and wanting to fight. At first I thought I understood what was happening but after these articles, and his interviews I watched who knows what it all is about. I posted thinking I knew the situation but now I have to say what the ???? The guy has to my eyes and ears the desire to fight meaningful fights. Man can boxing keep it simple I guess not. What a mess it sounds to me. Good luck Warington I think I might have misjudged the situation and your .... ah screw it just good luck in getting a fair shake.

Comment

That’s the IBF’s only issue, they’re rankings are the worst and they put mandatories over unifications!

Comment

They treat "Franchise" the same. That's how you know which title is the real one-recognition by other Orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                If Can is not recodnized as a champion by IBF then what rank does he have among IBF??? You can't have it both!
                The WBA "regular" title is a joke and shouldn't be recognized, but you bring up a very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                  That’s the IBF’s only issue, they’re rankings are the worst and they put mandatories over unifications!
                  They're rankings are the worst because they don't bend their rules, so big guys tend to not focus on the IBF because they won't be able to get out of a mandatory defense.

That said, they will take a unification over a mandatory as long as the mandatory hasn't already been called. They're the org that doesn't break their own rules every hour.

Comment

IBF is a solid Organization .I like the fact they call it how it is "regular " belt holder crap is Bs along with the diamond and silver belts

Comment

Working...
                    X