Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Explains Why He Took Big Risk in Vacating IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Explains Why He Took Big Risk in Vacating IBF Title

Josh Warrington has admitted that giving up the IBF featherweight title to pursue other world champions is a risk as there are no guarantees that those fights will actually happen. Warrington has vacated the title that he won from Lee Selby in 2018 after the IBF refused to sanction a unification fight against either Can Xu, the WBA champion, or Gary Russell Jr, the WBC champion, in April.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dam well thats good I guess he gave up the belt but he's got to realize he gave up a bargaining chip in negotiations for those bigger fights. Now he doesn't jus get more $ just because its either unification fights or he's the belt holder. I would've done the same thing tho bet on myself **** those belts their jus ribbons basically when u think about it

Comment

If all boxers had this mindset we’d be getting all the big fights.

Comment

Unless your name is Canelo giving up a belt is pretty balsy!!!

Comment

I like Warrington but this is a huge error unless he has a signed agreement from one of the other champs .

Comment

Poor look from Warrington he should of just fought his mandatory Galahad

Comment

Hope it works out like he wants. Will look ugly if it doesn't; will damage Hearn's rep too, lol.

Comment

if this is his reasoning, he is very stupid. boxers fight for money and belts. he brings neither now. he "wasted" more than 20 fights to get a belt but didn't want to "waste" one (against galahad) to keep it. enjoy battling fot the mandatory position and fighting for 25% of the pot instead of 40-60%. hearn signed him because of his belt. he is worthless to him now without a possible leeds stadium fight with fans.

Comment

Good attitude from Warrington but wrong timing. He should have waited until he can fight in front of fans again - a fight in Leeds is an attraction for promoters and other fighters.

Xu Can less likely to fight him now. Russell is an enigma. Waiting around for a Russell fight will take longer than waiting for the Canelo golden ticket.

Warrington could be avoided at 126 just like Rigo was all those years at 122.

Comment

Saturday night in, sat on the sofa channel hopping between boxing and babestation with a take away on your lap.
                    Rare insight into the glamorous life of a world champ

Comment

Working...
                    X