Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pauldo: Romero Got Out-Boxed In Last Fight; I'm The Better, Smarter, Faster Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pauldo: Romero Got Out-Boxed In Last Fight; I'm The Better, Smarter, Faster Boxer

UNCASVILLE, Connecticut Justin Pauldo was as surprised as virtually everyone else when Rolando Romero was announced as the winner of his last fight. Pauldo thought Jackson Marinez deserved the victory August 15, when Romero surprisingly won their 12-round, 135-pound interim championship match on all three scorecards at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Romero somehow won 10 rounds on the scorecard of judge Frank Lombardi, who scored Romero a 118-110 victor even though Marinez unofficially landed 17 more punches, according to CompuBox.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Saturday is really shaping up to be a fun night of boxing.

Comment

Romero is technically awful. Like really awful. Rarely seen someone who telegraphs his right hand as much. But decent power and size and also seems to have a decent engine. His stamina held up well in his 12 rounds for someone who never went past round 6.

Nothing that Pauldo does really impresses me though. Marinez was really elusive and had quick feet and could move for 12 rounds. Pauldos movement doesnt seem to be that elusive, Josec Ruiz was able to pressure Pauldo to the ropes regularly (but lacked offensive threat to break him down). Pauldo also decided to play it safe in the last round vs Ruiz instead of finishing strong and that was in an 8-rounder.

Comment

There are still levels to this game. But good luck to the guy. Rollie is clearly very outboxable, I just don't know that this guy is one who can do it.

Randomly glad to see Jackson got a bigger fight off of his "L" to Rollie. Always nice to see a guy who took a bad decision be rewarded like he got the W he deserved.

Comment

Didn't even know he was fighting on Saturday, damn good card.

SHO is bringing some value.

plus I get to stream it online live.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            There are still levels to this game. But good luck to the guy. Rollie is clearly very outboxable, I just don't know that this guy is one who can do it.

Randomly glad to see Jackson got a bigger fight off of his "L" to Rollie. Always nice to see a guy who took a bad decision be rewarded like he got the W he deserved.
            Yeah dont really care for Romero. Seems like a young punk. Would like to see him take an L. But this pauldo kid has never even fought in 10 rounder, let alone 12. He was stopped originally by Austin dulay, but was changed to NC, so there may be chin issues also. Otherwise good looking card though.

Comment

Working...
            X