Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is the War Class Returning to Form?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Is the War Class Returning to Form?

By Cliff Rold - The enduring incarnation of the Jr. Featherweight division has only been around since the mid-1970s. Damn if it hasn't made its mark in the years since. Great talent comes and goes through many weight classes and great fights come and go with them. It's fair to ask though if any have had the consistent magic over the years of 122 lbs. Its original centerpiece s...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm really looking forward to Saturdays clash. The winner will also be slated to fight the winner of the long rumored Nery/Figueroa battle. But the boogeyman is Akhmadaliev.. and oh my that's a bad man

Comment

I want to bring up something “interesting” for a second.

Pre 2010 122lb
      Bs/cucks: *crickets*
      122 lb Rigondeaux arrives
      Bs/cucks: OMG Rigod! Everyone ducking Rigod!
      122 lb after Rigondeaux moves up, is shadowrealmed
      122 lb after Dogboe’s arrival
      Bs/cucks: massive round robin, never more exciting!
      122 lb after Dogboe shadowrealmed by Navarrette, Navarrette, Roman, Vargas best:
      122 lb arrival of Stephen Fulton, Adam Lopez victim and Raeese Aleem, brother of a notorious journeyman(“don't worry well get this one right”:
      Bs/cucks: OMG New 122! Super Era! Turbo!!!

122 lb after Fulton shadowrealmed:

Comment

The 90's was a great time for 122. Marco Antonio Barrera and Kennedy McKinney fought in the first ever telecast of HBO's Boxing After Dark, as Cliff mentioned. What a great way to start the series and put the jr. featherweight class on the map.

I share with the members of the boxingscene, a memorable moment in the 8th round of Barrera vs. McKinney. This clip illustrates the ups and downs, back-and-forth in the contest, and shows the great bravery that boxing fans witnessed in this 1996 classic.

One important ingredient missing in todays jr. featherweight division is a particular temperament ; Barrera and McKinney had genuine hostility, that always makes the machismo or pride to come out of a man, which often takes the fight to another level.

I'm happy to learn from this article that Murodjon Akhmadaliev and Ryosuke Iwasa are working on a fight, that is awesome news, these two along with Luis Nery vs. Brandon Figueroa can add to the legacy of the 'WAR-CLASS'.
        Last edited by 1hourRun; 01-21-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Pasillas vs Aleem is the fight of the night and both fighter will beat either of the main event guys. Can’t wait to see this entire card. 122 wars are back!!

Comment

Working...
          X