Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell Embraces John Ryder Fight, Vows To Retain WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Morrell Embraces John Ryder Fight, Vows To Retain WBA Title

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, super middleweight David Morrell received a gift he didn't expect. The Cuban fighter was elevated from interim-champion to the "regular" category within the World Boxing Association, according to an order from the president of the sanctioning body, Gilberto Mendoza.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wba should get rid of that “regular” belt. Total waist of time and energy. Like morrell though and how he is being moved. This younger generation of boxers are moving quickly. Should make for some better fights earlier in their career AND maybe even help the fans and media to get past that f’n no losses mentality, which would be better in the long run.

Comment

The WBA completely lied about reducing the number of titles.

They said that 5 years ago and instead of getting better they have actually gotten worse.

Comment

4 fights and think he can beat Ryder

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          4 fights and think he can beat Ryder
          Doesn’t say much about Ryder. Lol I like the little that I’ve seen from Morrell; I just hope he isn’t being moved up too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            The WBA completely lied about reducing the number of titles.

They said that 5 years ago and instead of getting better they have actually gotten worse.
            The WBA is the worst! 3 Champions per weight class is all kinds of foolishness!

Comment

That's a real good fight, talented potential vs rugged experience

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                The WBA is the worst! 3 Champions per weight class is all kinds of foolishness!
                No problem at all, as long as we know who's the "real" champ. Are you saying you don't know who's the man between "super", "regular", and "interim" guys?

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                  No problem at all, as long as we know who's the "real" champ. Are you saying you don't know who's the man between "super", "regular", and "interim" guys?
                  What I don't know is who is the mandatory for whom? Who is the mandatory for Manny Pacquiao? Who is the mandatory for Tank Davis? Is LSC still the "Super" Champion @ 126? Do we really need an Interim Champ, a Gold Champ, a Regular Champ, and a Super Champ? Like I said, the WBA is the worst!!!

Comment

Boricua181

This is going to be a real tough fight for both David Morrell, and John Ryder. I believe that it'll a lot tougher for Morrell, although I think he'll eventually come out on top. This is only his 5th fight, and he's fighting such a tough fight. It is amazing to me, to see how differently David Morrell's, and Edgar Berlanga's career paths have started out. Morrell's opponent's have been exponentially far better than Berlanga's opponents. This isn't a knock on Berlanga, because he has fought progressively better fighters, as his career continues. It's just that Morrell, has fought much better competition, and has already won a title in his third fight. That's mind boggling to me, this Morrell is someone to watch, and follow. Why is there such a great disparity between the challenges their teams are willing to take with their fighters? I sincerely hope that Berlanga is the goods, and that these two successful fighters can meet in a huge showdown sometime in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X